home sweet home

Santa Fe is beautiful year round, yielding four perfect seasons to enjoy. Impending fall is one of my favorites. The chamisas are blooming, the temperature is perfect, the festivals are upon us and it's chile roasting season. It doesn't matter if your pumping gas or furniture shopping, everywhere you go the scent of fresh roasting chile is in the air. It's intoxicating. It only lasts about a month so if you want to enjoy chile year round you've got to buy it, roast it, peel it and freeze it now. That's exactly what we did yesterday. A satchel and a half and three hours of diligent peeling gave us about thirty bags to tuck away in our freezer for later.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Fall is my favorite too. I love how the entire city of Santa Fe smells like green chile. It was one of my Moms favorites too. I actually bought some fresh green chile at the Farmers Market in Albuquerque and I'm attempting to just roast them in my oven so I can enjoy the smell in my house

Hanna said...

Awesome! I'm going to make that wonderful mac n' cheese with some of our stash in the next couple weeks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...