another "mom" dinner

I have an ongoing joke with myself every time I make baked chicken. I always say, "oh, this is such a MOM dinner" There's nothing wrong with a standard mom meal. I just fantasize that I will always be whipping up exotic, gourmet cuisine so whenever it's baked chicken I feel kinda hokey.
This meal was delicious. I never write out a traditional recipe when I'm posting something like this because I just don't think it needs one.
For this meal we used "purple viking" potatoes. The farmer who grew them said they "were like snow white on the inside". I L*O*V*E  that description.
Coat boneless, skinless chicken breasts with agave nectar (or honey) and roll in a mixture of bread crumbs and 1 tablespoons Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning (any cajun seasoning). Bake for 45-50 minuets at 375 degrees. For mashed potatoes peel and cube 6 potatoes, boil until tender and mash with 1 stick of butter and 1 cup of cream. I like to mash my potatoes and also put them through a potato ricer. It make them much fluffier. And the baby veggies I just sauteed on medium in butter for about 15 minuets.

Purple Viking Potatoes
After the potato ricer




Also, Please have a look at my GIVEAWAYS. I only feature handmade things and everything is GORGEOUS! You will not be disappointed. I promise:)

26 comments:

Jill said...

HI there - just stopping by to follow you back from TTA. Thanks for visiting- I'm looking forward to checking out your lovely blog some more!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

Greta said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe...and showing how simple making a delicious meal can be! Gonna check out your other cooking adventures now...

PS - Thanks for being my newest follower :o)

Greta @ Modern Garden

Kelly said...

There is nothing ordinary about that chicken recipe! Yum! I may be stealing that one for dinner this week. :)

Laurie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello! I love new followers!

PoetessWug said...

You can never go wrong with chicken, however you make it, or potatoes. Mom meal=Good meal, the way I see it!! :-)

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

oo yum!! that looks fantastic!

Brian said...

Chicken, yum!

jmerenberg said...

Those baby veggies look delicious!

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Thank You for stopping by today. I will have to send Ray this way to take a look at the food you had posted today looks delicious.....Julian

Jill said...

Looks so yummy!
Blessings,
Jill

Apple said...

That looks really yummy. I wouldn't feel hokey if I were making that - I would feel awesome, and so would my husband because he would love to eat that dinner!

Modest Apple -- A Fashion Blog

Dani @ Just Drops in the Bucket said...

Love your blog, Hanna! You take delicious photos. Looks amazing.

-dani

Beth Eaton said...

Sounds delish! Thanks for becoming a new follower of my blog. I'm gald you did that way I coudl check you out and see all the coolness that you have! Thanks!

Lori said...

I'm following you back now:) Your pictures are so vivid - I'm excited to read more on your blog!!

Vanessa said...

Great recipe! I'm going to try it for myself.

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

that looks yummy!
Thanks for coming over for a visit and leaving me a sweet comment as I now found you.

love your blog and I'm your newest follower. By the way, your baby is ADORABLE!

Hope your having a wonderful weekend.

foxxy said...

I'm a new follower. Your meal looks delicious. Love your blog! Thanks for following me. I'll be back soon.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Hi!Thanks for visiting my blog and following. Your pictures are wonderful.Makes me hungry just looking at them.I'll be back, I'm your newest follower.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Yum Yum!!!
Thanks for the visit and following ♥
Following you now aslo
*hugs*deb

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Darn follow button won't work. I'll be abck!

Canadianmom said...

Thanks for the follow. I'm following you back. You have a very nice blog. Congratulations on baby #2 coming in the new year.

Take care and make it a great day:)

Orange it Lovely said...

thanks so muc for your comments on my blog. wow 1202 followers! good for you!!
~Tana

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Thanks for visiting...I'm going to follow you too!

The recipes on my blog are often "mom" type meals and that seems to be something people really like. I can do gourmet...and sometimes I do, but I still love the favorites I learned from my mother and she from my grandmother. I'm lucky because my daughter likes to cook and our family recipes just keep on going.

I wish I could get those baby veggies around my small town. No such luck. I use slices of larger ones, but it just isn't the same and not nearly as pretty!

Sue

Lorie Shewbridge said...

That looks like such a delicious meal. Nothing like the basics to make it feel like home.

Desie said...

That dinner looks so yummy!!!!!

Anastasia said...

That looks really yummy, though it is 'basic'! I like to coat my chicken with whole seed mustard and Japanese bread crumbs :)

Thanks for stopping by Eco-Babyz.com! I'm following you now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...