cauliflower ziti

 I love the flavor combination of this dish. It's sweet and savory and wonderful. On Saturday at our local farmer's market I picked up some cauliflower. The farmer has lime green and white so opted for the green just to have a little fun. That's what's featured in this dish.
Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower cut into 1 inch pieces
half a bunch of mint thinly sliced
1/4 cup pine nuts
1-2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
1 red onion diced
2 toes garlic sliced
1/4 cup golden raisins
a few slices pancetta diced
1 pound ziti
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
Pecorino Romano cheese for grating 
Recipe:
In a large frying pan saute with olive oil onions, garlic, and pancetta for a couple minuets then add red pepper flakes pine nuts, raisins and cauliflower. Let cauliflower brown and cook for about 10-15 minuets then add the mint. When cauliflower is tender, add the cooked ziti and a couple tablespoons of past water and toss. Garnish with fresh grated Pecorino and serve.

Please take a moment to enter my G*I*V*E*A*W*A*Y*S. All my giveaways are handmade and gorgeous!!! You will not be disappointed. I promise:)
 Photobucket

18 comments:

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Hanna ~ thank you for visiting my blog!! So glad you did...your recipes look yummy and I am tired of making the same things for dinner!!! Have a wonderful day!

Erin @ EKat's Kitchen said...

Hanna, this looks lovely! Thanks for the step by step photos!

SurvivorDiane said...

Hi - thanks for stopping by my blog and following. Sorry that you guys were part of that horrible trajedy named Katrina. My two adopted children were victims of Katrina. (left in a Red Cross Shelter).

Your blog is wonderful - Already peeped at your wonderful give-aways.

Thanks for the follow and I look forward to reading lots more in the future.
Diane

Amanda said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and becoming a follower! I'm your newest follower and your recipes already have left me drooling! Definitely have new things to try :)

Amanda
sleepytimeproductions.blogspot.com

Gal From Brooklyn said...

Nice to meet a fellow Brooklynite. I am now following you. Love the recipe cause I love cauliflower. Nora. http://Back2Brooklyn.blogspot.com

cleverlyinspired said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! Still learning the blogland thing! Thanks for following me!

Pam said...

That looks yummy! I love all your photos, awesome colors. Thank you very much for following me, I really appreciate it!

Beeb said...

Sounds like a great way to prepare cauliflower!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I am now following you back!

Kelly said...

What a great way to add veggies to a pasta dish! Another fabulous recipe.

Crystal said...

This dish looks so yummy!

Thanks for following me, i love your blog :)...and i'm following you now too!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

This looks and sounds delicious. I love the combination of textures and flavors.

Yenta Mary said...

Good morning! I gave you some awards today ... :)

http://foodfloozie.blogspot.com/2010/10/oscars-emmys-tonys-and.html

Busy Working Mama said...

Looks great! I love the pictures :)

Traci said...

Hi Hanna! My goodness your pictures are gorgeous! That dish would be fun with Romanesco Broccoli, too. We bought some at a fruit stand the other day and my son thought it was a crazy space alien vegetable. It tastes way more like cauliflower than it does broccoli, so not sure why it got stuck with the broccoli label.

the 30 girl said...

This looks super good! I'm so hungry now, which is what I get for not eating breakfast. ;)

~ Noelle said...

feel like a total loser for not following back sooner... i totally thought i did...
sorry about that!
i so want to try and make this...
looks yummy

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Oooh, this sounds so yummy! :> Thanks for the idea!

Posh Play said...

Following you back! Your blog is so fun! Happy you found me so I can follow you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...