white truffle oil mac n' cheese

Yesterday is was so cold and rainy and had been craving a good mac n' cheese so I made white truffle oil mac n' cheese. It was D*I*V*I*N*E.  Please make this! It's so delicious. It's good for your soul. I'm sure of it. I decided that if this batch came out good I would make it again with shitake mushrooms and lobster........Ugh......how scrumptious does that sound?
Ingredients: 
1/2 loaf french bread (stale or not)
2 toes minced garlic
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound grated sharp white cheddar
1 pound grated Fontina
1 pound cavappi pasta (spiral macaroni pasta)
3 tablespoons white truffle oil (you can buy this on amazon)
1/2 cup flour
1 cup cream
3 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil

Recipe: 
Breadcrumbs first: You must make your own breadcrumbs for this dish. I have tried with and without homemade and the difference is HUGE!! Take your 1/2 loaf of french bread, it can be stale or fresh. Give it a rough chop, then put it in the cuisinart for a couple pulses. Now put 3 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil in large frying pan and add garlic over medium heat. Saute about 1 min and add bread crumbs. Stir until crumbs are slightly toasted about 5 minuets. Set aside.
Boil your pasta water, don't forget to add salt ans grate your cheese. Now in a medium saucepan your going to make a little roux. Heat butter and olive oil until melted over medium/medium high heat then add flour and whisk. Now slowly add cream and milk whisking in between. Heat mixture and whisk until desired thickness. Now in a large pot, I use the pasta water pot mix cream sauce, grated cheese and cooked pasta. Now add the truffle oil and mix well. Transfer to cooking dish and top with breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minuets. And ENJOY! I promise you will!





Please take a moment to have a look at my GIVEAWAYS. I only feature gorgeous handmade things on my blog! You will not be disappointed. I promise!!
Photobucket

22 comments:

The Adventures of a Blondie Mommie said...

OMG yummy! I absolutely LOVE truffle oil and I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for posting!

Ruth said...

oh my, that looks absolutely delicious... thanks for the recipe!

PoetessWug said...

Ohhhh! That looks delicious!! The shitake mushrooms and lobster sounds delicious too!! What to make first?....What to make first?!! ^_^

3 Cupcakes said...

That looks really delish! And I'm a true mac n' cheese connoisseur! lol I was already dreaming about making the lobster mac, so I guess I'll add this recipe to my list as well! Thanks

Kristy said...

Oh, sin and deliciousness. Mmmmm.

Amanda Michelle said...

Hi Hanna! Thanks so much for following our blog! We are so so excited to have you as a follower. We are following you now too! :) Thank you for stopping by and saying hello!

Veronica said...

OH YUM.

(Yes, that did require caps)

Brenda said...

This looks divine!!!! I just bought some truffle oil today for the first time for a dish I'm making tomorrow. I've never used it or tasted it before. I'm excited! This really looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Joan said...

wanted to know i stopped by to check out your blog :) thanks for reading mine!

karen ~ lillybelle Custom Designs said...

My daughter is a huge mac 'n cheese fan (the box kind...shhh, mostly the microwaveable cups....double shhh!). I think I will have to make this for her as a special treat!! Photographs, as usual, are gorgeous!! Thanks, Hanna.

Sarah said...

Such gorgeous looking food accompanied by mouthwatering photos! Delish!

Jen said...

Hi Hanna :) thanks for your comment on friday :) you have won a bread voucher on my blog so please come back to visit and collect :) Jen @ www.jemikaan.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Oh. MY. Gosh.
As a pregnant woman who has craved NOTHING but macaroni and cheese... this looks simply heavenly. I'm adding it to my recipe book and plan to make it asap! :)
Thanks for posting!

Lisa said...

Hi Hanna!
Thanks for stopping by my blog -- we have two very important things in common: our love for food and babies!!
In love with anything truffle -- so I will definitely be trying this recipe! Have you checked out my recipes section? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to COOK! Check out the recipe for Pasta Conze that I posted... it's delicious!!!
Love the diaper clutch.. is the giveaway open to Canadians?

Fab said...

This sounds incredible, i'll have to try it sometime!

Airamty said...

It's 12:44 am...and now I'm hungry after seen the last photo....OMG! I have to try this ASAP!...yummyyyyyyy

Bee's Place said...

I love your site. I'm a new follower. Thanks for following me at www.mamawsplace4.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

You had me at white truffle :)

Looks divine!

ellejaysays said...

OMG, you're making me HUNGRY!! hah.

Kel said...

Oh my goodness - this sounds absolutely DIVINE! I am so giving this a go!
You are seriously amazing Hanna :D

Stacie said...

Looks so yummy! Thanks for stopping my my blog. I'm following you!

Amanda said...

Holy Mac and Cheese Heaven! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm suuuper happy you did if I get to take yummy pieces of info from you like this :)

Amanda
Chasing Twins in Louboutins

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...