Behind the Scenes look at Little M's Party

So just in case any of you were interested in knowing a little more about what went into the planning of Little Milton's first birthday party I thought I would do a behind the scenes look. 
All the paper rosettes I made myself after seeing this post from the wonderful blog Little Sooti. I love her ideas.  Here is the how to guide on making these lovely rosettes. Happy crafting!!!


Here was the photo that actually inspired what I did for my party and here's how mine actually turned out. Not quiet as spectacular but close enough.


Now, for the baking...........I made these chocolate cupcakes. This is my sister in laws family recipe which I LOVE. It calls for one sup of strong coffee which I think makes it. I also decided to fill these cupcakes with homemade whip cream and it turned out wonderful. I definitely recommend trying it. Plus it makes them so much more spectacular and isn't difficult. After the cupcakes have cooled just whip up some sugar and cream and then pipe a little into the center of each cupcake using a pasty bag and piping tip. EASY PEASY!


I also made these red velvet cupcakes.It's Paula Dean's recipe. I compared hers and Martha Stewart's and they were practically identical. They turned out nice also.



The cupcake toppers I ordered from The Paper Kindom and I thought they came out great. 

Now that Milton's birthday is over I am on to planning a baby shower for Ginger. I am thinking pale, pale pinks, white and maybe yellow. I am going to look into making giant taffeta pom poms as decorations. I'll let you know how the progress is coming once I get started. 


Oh, and I almost forgot I got these gorgeous paper straws at little shop I love called Sweet Lulu



Please take moment to have *peek* at my handmade GIVEAWAYS. I am so happy to be able to share my love of handmade with all my lovely readers. 
Photobucket

27 comments:

Caren Gittleman said...

I want to win some of those delicious looking cupcakes!! lol! This is "easy peasy" for you, but not those of us who are "craft challenged" lol!
Seriously you did an amazing job! I wish I had your patience.
Also..."strong coffee" just about "makes" anything! :)

Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is so beautiful! Looks like you had a nice party, I need to post pics of Everly's. xoxo!

emily bilbrey said...

adorable handmade touches! great job mama! (:

CJ said...

Everything looks great! Those chocolate cupcakes look wonderfully delicious. :)

Aimee said...

Wow beautiful party and I am drooling over the cupcakes

Candice said...

Great job on everything!!

Amanda said...

Hanna - I have moved my home and deleted my old blog. I am now following you from my new home at tenlittlefingerstentinytoes.blogspot.com

Amanda

Amanda Moury said...

Hello there! My name is Amanda from the Forever Endeavor, I came across your blog and I just love it! It also caught my eye because you spell your name like my sister, Hanna :)

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

you are soo creative! great decorations!! new follower!

I'm hosting a giveaway! Click on over to enter!
www.eastcoastwedding.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Looks phenomenal!!!!
Amazing!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

What a great party. Do you have a tutorial anywhere for those fan circles? LOVE them!

karen ~ lillybelle Custom Designs said...

Awesome party decorations and cupcakes, Hanna! I LOVE the paper rosettes....they are so IN right now, and the color combination is so befitting a little boy's first birthday! What wonderful memories.............

Gumdrop Swap said...

you did a lovely job! I'm following you back http://gumdropswap.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Thanks for the behind the scenes look!!

Sherrie said...

Following you from the bloghop :) Those red velvet cupcakes look delicious. I'm going to try Paula's recipe out myself.

Lauren @ 31diy said...

I love the rosettes! And everything else too, but I especially am fascinated by those rosettes. Would it be weird if I made some and hung them up in my bedroom year round? Haha...maybe I'll have a party just so I have an excuse to make them.

I'm following, by the way. Super cute blog!

Lauren
http://31diy.blogspot.com

kt said...

the rosettes!!!! Fabulous!!!

Ashley @ Little Miss Momma said...

Great party, fabulous ideas, thanks for sharing!!!

Nanny said...

Hanna thanks for sharing Milton's 1st birhtday pictures. I am going to try and make some of these for our Cheeky Monkey's 2nd bithday :)

Applesauce Inn Bed & Breakfast said...

Love your GORGEOUS blog! Thank you so much for stopping by and adding your comment to the Applesauce Inn Blog! I am so glad I found you~and look forward to reading and seeing more of your posts! Your photos are wonderful!

See you soon :)
Jamie Creason~Innkeeper
http://www.applesauceinn.blogspot.com

kate said...

That looks like fun! What a lucky kid! Thanks for your sweet comments! I will keep you in mind for a giveaway!

black tag diaries said...

those cupcakes look AMAZING!! great blog... thanks for checking mine out:)

WorkingGirlsShoeCloset said...

OH MY STARS! Those rosettes are FABULOUS! You are a super star crafter! I LOVE your blog!! Makes me want to craft all day long.... in my cute shoes of course ;) lol!
xoxo!

Sandy Ang said...

Looks like a great party ! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.

Moe said...

Man I love those decoration! I recently made something like that for my wall while I was staying on campus this summer. I can't stand living in a brick box! I love them as a party decoration! I am definitely bookmarking this :)

Inspire All said...

These are great ideas. I checked out those websites and they are awesome and I will be utilizing your ideas, some of my own, and some of the websites products. I have a couple of favors that I will purchase as well from my site at http://shannsboutique.theaspenshops.com. Alll this combined will make for a great party for my daughter (I pray). I will post pictures in January!

Theresa said...

Hi again!
I have an idea for your baby shower...I made some pinwheel lollies for my daughter's Halloween party. You could make them as lollipops...or not...either way, they are sweet! They could be gorgeous in pale pink and white...and yellow.
Check them out here...http://alliswellathome.blogspot.com/2010/10/pinwheel-lollies.html
Or...you can see them on the party table here...
http://alliswellathome.blogspot.com/2010/10/pinwheel-lollies.html
Cheers!
Theresa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...