Thanksgiving With My Little Family

Food, cooking and eating are probably mine and my husband's favorite things to do. We both cook a lot and share a love of great food. Usually Thanksgiving is, as my husband would say, an Olympic Event for us, but this year with Milton working 3 jobs and me being 8 months pregnant, we just really didn't have the energy to go all out so we went to my mom's house for the day and my husband cooked a light Thanksgiving for us here at home. 
He brined a Turkey breast and made mashed potatoes and asparagus! It was just P*E*R*F*E*C*T for us!!   Here's just a couple photos of my little family and our little Thanksgiving.....

Here's the homemade citrus, sage turkey brine



This an herb butter that he rubbed under the skin of the turkey before baking!!! YUM! 


This is our beloved potato ricer. If you don't have one you should consider getting one! They make the potatoes SOOOO much fluffier and lighter!! We use ours all the time.


And here's our cute little turkey breast right out of the over!! The skin was cripy and the meat was SOOOOO juicy! That brine does wonders! He brined it about 24 hours before baking!! 


Here's Milton and I


This is me trying to take a photo pf the three of us! Not frame-able but cute at least!!! 


I really hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were blessed enough to spend time with family and friends!!! I am so grateful to have a happy, healthy family and I cannot wait to meet my little Ginger! I know having a little girl is going to be a whole new experience and I can't wait! 



Hanna

21 comments:

Deb said...

This is just so precious!! Just wanted to let you know that your little owl is ready to ship. You can go visit wiseoldowldesigns to get a little preview!! So glad you had a happy THANKS-giving!!!

Tessie of Germany said...

Ya'll are adorable! and your dinner looked very good :)

EmptyNester said...

What a lovely family! The turkey looks amazing...I've got to try that!

karen ~ lillybelle Custom Designs said...

Thanks for sharing your special day with us, Hanna! What a gorgeous family!!

Johanna said...

What a lovely family you have! You look amazing...LOVE the belly!!! The food looked great too!!! xoxo.

Losing Brownies said...

Yum, your turkey breast looks amazing!

Louanne said...

What a sweet picture of you 3! Turkey breast looks super delicious, too!

Janine said...

I am honored to have you comment and follow over at my blog. This is my first visit over at yours and I am hooked. You are looking so lovely with your little one on the way. You guys are a beautiful family ... and boy can your man cook!!!! Wow! I am super impressed. Have a wonderful weekend.

Caren Gittleman said...

what a beautiful family you have! You looked soooo pretty!
Your food looked INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Eschelle said...

those last pictures are super cute!

Maria Delgado said...

awwww. so sweet!

Lindsay said...

Cute family pics :) So sweet!

Eastlyn and co. said...

Happy thanksgiving to you and yours. Sounds like your dinner turned out wonderful (you may have to post that citrus sage brine recipe)...having a husband that cooks so well is definitely something for which to be thankful. Your family is beautiful (sorry boys, if that's not a "manly" enough compliment!). Pregnancy definitely agrees with you. You look great!

Barb said...

Thanks for the visit! I'm your latest follower! Love your blog :)

Alida said...

your turkey looks awesome!! new follower here from the blog hop :-)

♔Reyna♔ said...

Thanks for passing by my blog & following! You are all so cute! If I was 8 mts preggers I woudn't want to go all out either, I'd want to sleep in! lol. btw: that turkey looks so yummy & i'm not a big turkey fan... Can't wait to read more-glad u stopped by.

-Reyna
www.glamglory.blogspot.com

Pampered Patty said...

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for passing by my blog. You look absolutely beautiful by the way. Congrats!

slommler said...

Wonderful pics of you and the family. And that turkey makes me hungry for the feast all over again.
Hugs
SueAnn

Kristen said...

Found your blog via blog hopping and just had to follow because I love handmade, love babies and love my potato ricer too! haha, I think I have the very same one. Lovely family and lovely blog, I can't wait to read along!

3 Cupcakes said...

Wow, that turkey looks good! I will def have to try that sometime. Maybe Christmas.... :) Beautiful family! Happy Thanksgiving!

Savoir Affaire said...

okay so basically, Your hair is gorgeous!!!! oh, and happy thanksgiving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...