Behind the Scenes Look at Ginger's Shower

As you all know I am totally obsessed with pies of all sorts. A few weeks ago I make mini pumpkin pie tartlettes with a maple glaze and they were so amazing so for Ginger's shower I thought it would be really cute to make lemon pie tartlettes. I am not a big fan of processed ingredients so I found THIS RECIPE for creamy lemon pie that was quiet simple and it turned out very nice. For one batch, the one pictured below I did place a single raspberry in the tartlettes but I will say that it made the pies a bit too full and a few of them overflowed so I would recommend just doing the lemon filling without the raspberry inside. 
 I tripled my usual crust RECIPE that I love and it made about 40 mini tartlettes. 
I made a very simple glaze to top the pies with. Here's the recipe:
Mix together:
3 cups of confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest



I got my inspiration and RECIPE from the amazing Bakerella blog. I followed the recipe exactly but I was not able to dry my pops standing up as she suggested because they were too heavy and would slip off the stick. However, after they were dipped in chocolate and dried in the fridge I could then proceed to stand them up for the cute cake pop effect but the tops were flat were I have let them dry. One tiny snafu but otherwise they came out great!




I got the tutorial for the Pom Poms HERE on Martha Stewart and as I said before, these were very easy to make and were beautiful. They would be great for any celebration in different colors. 




I bought the paper straws from The Creative Party Place. And the gift tags that say "Ginger" were very cute but I wasn't really impressed with the quality of the cards stock do I'm not going to post were I bought those.





I hope you enjoyed Ginger's Shower!!! If you would like to see all the photos, please click HERE to view my initial posting!!  
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!  
Hanna

21 comments:

kimert said...

Beautiful!! I love all of it.

Losing Brownies said...

Gosh, can I hire you to come to Phoenix and do The Boy's 1st birthday in May? You are amazing!

Kristen said...

Just stunning! Could you plan my next party??? I am your newest follower & we are friends on FB!

Can't wait to read more!
www.bingopajamawhengoodthingshappen.blogspot.com

Kristen

CrazyMomma said...

i didn't realize tartlets would be so simple!! i think i might try something like that but of course i still need to find a good primal/paleo pie crust recipe lol

great job!!

hotpants™ said...

MMM, now I'm hungry!

Michelle-esque said...

WAAAH! I am so hungry right now! This is definitely another reason why I love your blog! These delicious recipes! :))

cheeky curves said...

It all look so yummy

Rebecca said...

WOW, I love it!! I am totally in the dark when it comes to baking. Oh so delish I could lick the screen. Love that last picture. I think life looks better organized and beautiful. Ahhh. ;-)

Kathryn said...

"Hi there! I am your newest follower! I found you on the Fence! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Your baby is adorable

take a peek at my giveaways if you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!"

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by and for commenting! Your blog is absolutely adorable, and love all the cute looking desserts you posted! :)

Holly said...

New follower - would love a follow back -
http://missionmontanalawson.blogspot.com/

cheeky curves said...

Thank you for your comment, I enjoyed making this dress

Kelly said...

You are unbelievable! Everything you make looks so delicious and perfect!

Lindsay said...

Are those tartlettes easy? I may need to make them :) YUM

Out of My Mind said...

I don't know if I can follow your blog or not! I just view the above entry and had to rush TO THE REFRIGERATOR. The apple, carrots, and orange I found there will definaltely not quench what you stirred up.

WOW, WHAT A SPREAD.

Somehow I lost the first comment so if I come up twice, oh well!
kt

mienkintoshfairie said...

I thought that the cake pops would be difficult to make, but you made them look so easy! Thanks for sharing your recipes and the behind the scenes peek behind Ginger's baby shower.

slommler said...

Everything looks beautiful and oh so tasty!! Love those cake pops...and those tartlets...wowzers!!
Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Denise @ Simply Weekends said...

Oh my goodness! Everything looks so cute and yummy! I am definitely becoming a follower.

True story: The other day I entered a giveaway to earn credit towards blog design services. The entry required a look at the website to pick out your favorite blog design...I picked yours! I never actually WENT to your site at that time, or else I'm sure I would have became a follower instantly. :)

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I look forward to reading back through your posts. Have a great day!

Denise @ Simply Weekends

sophieandmomma said...

Thank you for following my blog~! I am glad to follow you! :) I just think your post on the baby shower is amazing! :) Great ideas, and great read reveiews!

Jennie said...

This all looks delicious... I am getting so hungry looking at these desserts!

Felicia said...

OH! I have always wanted to know how to make those! THanks for posting!

Valerie said...

I love it all, especially those lemon pies. I'm copying that recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...