Home Style Chicken and Dumplings

The other day I was surfing around the blogosphere and I came across this lovely cooking blog, Maggie's Country Kitchen. As I was browsing I saw this recipe for Chicken and Dumplings. This is a dish that I have only had the pleasure to eat a couple times in my life but remember it being a religious experience. But the trouble with this kind of dish is that you need a REAL, down home recipe to make it properly. You can't just google this one and expect it to come out tasting like a your grandmothers. So when I saw this recipe on Maggie's blog I knew that I found a gold mine and I was exactly right! 
I made this and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever cooked. I think my husband almost died!!! Seriously, it was that good!!! The broth is beautifully silky and the dumplings are like little bites from heaven. Little fluffy pillows filled with love!!! Ohhhhhh......seriously I can't get over it! A beautiful filling dish that I will make again and again. I am so thankful to Maggie for allowing me to share her amazing recipe. Please click HERE to visit her lovely blog, check out this recipe and the other scrumptious recipes she has to offer. THANK YOU MAGGIE!! I'm forever in love with this dish!!!
I always tend to modify things just a tiny bit. I followed Maggie's recipe to a T except I added 3 diced potatoes to the veggie mix and to make the chicken stock I started with chicken broth instead of water to make it extra rich. It was simply amazing! Here's a couple photos! 

The Stock
The Veggies
Ahhhhhh..........Melting butter for the roux
Flour for the roux
The roux coming together
Before the cream goes in.....look at that beautiful color....that's how you know you've made a beautiful roux
With the cream....almost done now.......just the bisquits left 
The mixing of the bisquits 
PURE LOVE!!! Look at those gorgeous little fluffy darlings:)
You have got to make this dish!!!

Perfection!! Again a big thank you to Maggie and her scrumptious RECIPE. I L*O*V*E*D every second of this dish and cannot wait to make it again!!!! 


Also, I'm so happy that I get to bring you all so many gorgeous handmade things......I currently have SIX  all handmade giveaways going on so please take a moment  to check them out HERE
AND 

 M*E*R*R*Y   C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S


Hanna


6 comments:

Michelle-esque said...

YUM! That looks so delicious! :))

Lindsay said...

This looks beyond amazing. Merry Christmas friend!

Katie said...

I am so glad you shared the recipe! Thanks

cheeky curves said...

I bought some ingridients yesterday to cook a soup, might adjust mine and try yours, it looks great

Sarah said...

That settles it. I'm moving in with you. That looks SUBLIME!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

YUMMY! those pics are mouth watering & the dish looks simply delicious! Now I am hungry! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Following your yummy blog as of now!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...