Ginger's Birth Story

I was two days past my due date when I went into labor. It's hard to say wheather or not "I knew" I was going into labor that day or not but it certainly seemed that way. When your waiting for a baby to arrive the nesting instinct really becomes profound. In the days leading up to Ginger's birth I had cooked a few meals, baked brownies and cleaned everything in sight several times over. I spent most of the day I went into labor tending to my sick  little Milton but did manage to take 2 showers and go to the grocery store just in case I went into labor.Pregnant woman are so odd.  The circumstances surrounding the night I went into labor were anything but ideal and  I think that's why I was fairly sure that was going to be the night.
That morning little Milton woke up with 102.5 fever. It was the first high fever he'd ever had. My mom, who was also little Milton's on call caretaker when I went into labor, also woke up sick that day. My husband, who is a working musician,  had a gig an hour and a half away that night.  Most of you probably don't know this but we are a one car family so that meant I was at home alone with no car and to top it off there was a snow storm coming. I knew there was a chance that I would go into labor while my husband was out of town playing his gig and that I would have to take a taxi to the hospital but I assured him it would be okay and sent him on his way. Oh and I forgot to mention it was a full moon!
He got home from his gig, crawled into bed and 15 minuets later I woke him with my first contraction. I am so grateful she waited for her daddy to come home because had I gone into labor a couple hours before, he likely would have missed her birth. It was a very close call.
I am so pleased to report that I was able to have 100% natural childbirth with Ginger which I was really, really hoping for and not only that but she was born just 2 hours and 16 minuets from my very first contraction. I only pushed twice. Isn't that amazing?
In fact she came so fast she missed the doctor who was  in route to the hospital when Ginger was born so the wonderful nurses delivered her which suits me just fine.  I am a nurse and really respect our profession. They did a great job. I thought the labor pains hurt just as bad as my first labor but I was much more prepared to deal with it this time around. The body is so amazing. I am in awe at how it knew exactly what to do this time around. I was in labor with Milton for 17 hours and Ginger for 2 hours. WOW! Amazing!!!
I  went into labor at 1am, Ginger was born at 3:16am and we were home by 4pm that same day. We only spent a total of 12 hours at the hospital which was perfect for me. I couldn't wait to get home to see little Milton. I didn't even miss a single bedtime! Perfect!
So far Ginger is a lovely baby. She is very sweet and easy. She has a wide array of adorable coos and squeaks that she entertains us with. We are definitely still adjusting to being a family of four but I couldn't be happier or feel more blessed ot have two beautiful, healthy children and a wonderful, loving husband. I am truly blessed and grateful.
Here's a cute photo of her at just 2 days old and wide awake. I will try to get some more photos over the next week and post them soon.


Hanna

48 comments:

Calamity Kate said...

Ginger is lovely! Congratulations to your family!

Alia said...

I am so happy for you and Milton ( both little and big). I can't wait to meet her. It sounds like everything went well. Take care and get some rest. Love ya

Cara said...

Sounds wonderful and perfect. Congrats again, Hanna! <3

Camille said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations on an ideal delivery!

Heather (The Menu Mama) said...

What a sweet little one! Awesome birth story, very similar to mine, my first (son) was an 18 hour labor with two hours of pushing, my second (daughter) was just over an hour of active labor with a handful of very light pushing and out she came!

Enjoy your beautiful little girl!

hels89 said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations :-)

Linda said...

What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations!

Kristyn said...

Congrats! She's beautiful!

m&msmommy said...

Beautiful!! I love that you were home so shortly after her birth. That is the thing I hate(d) most about having to have a c-section both times is spendign NINETY SIX hours in the hospital, UGH! I'm so glad that you were able to have a natural labor and delievery. Can't wait for more pics! :)

Chelsea said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats again!

Vivian said...

Wow, so great you had an easy labor & delivery and got to go home the SAME day! Congrats!

Kaci said...

Congrats. She is gorgeous. So glad to hear your birth story. My third child was like that. He was born 21 minutes after we arrived at the hospital after only 1.5 hours of labor. Best labor ever. Congrats again!

Shabbygal said...

Oh she is sooo beautiful! You are so lucky she did wait for her daddy! She looks very sweet! Congratulations! Traci

Jaime said...

what a cutie!
http://copperllamastudio.blogspot.com/

Becca said...

I'm so glad he made it home in time. Thanks for sharing your story with us. She is gorgeous.

One with many names said...

aw... so cute :) thank you for sharing.

Rita and John said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! What an amazing story. I'm so glad her daddy was there to greet her.

Beka said...

OOOH! I have been waiting and waiting on this BIRTH STORY! (I'm due in May with our little girl!)

I'm so GLAD you had such an "easy" labor with her!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!! I'm hoping this little girl comes 100% natural like Tristan did..(older brother) But much faster. ;) JUST LIKE GINGER!!!


THANKS SO MUCH!!!! Love the story!!!

Desiree said...

What a beautiful birth story....and what a lucky girl to have both her parents there to welcome her into the world!!!!!

jared's mum said...

lovely story and glad to know you had a very pleasant delivery/birth experience..congratulations and welcome to the world, little ginger:)

clo said...

Awww congratulations!!! Ginger is gorgeous!!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

congratulations, she's adorable. So glad for you it was a normal delivery and your stay at the hospital was short. How fun, now you get to enjoy your new little bundle of joy.

Judy said...

Wow, your birth story is almost identical to my second birth story, except my doctor made it just in time. So glad to hear you were able to have her naturally (I felt like I healed so much quicker the second time around and with a natural birth). I hope you do heal quickly and are able to love every minute possible with this precious baby girl!

Heather at Dragonfly Designs said...

Lovely story! I love seeing your updates. Thank you for sharing ~ enjoy your new little bundle and take care.

Lindsay said...

THis is amazing Hanna. SO glad everything went so smoothly :)

PoetessWug said...

She looks like she's smiling for the camera! :-) I'm so glad it was a quick labor for you and everything fell into place just right. :-)

Darlene said...

She's a beautiful little girl. congratulations!

Kel said...

That's a brilliant story - and Ginger is just gorgeous :) Congratulations and well done on the natural birth!

Megan said...

She is stunning!! I found your blog from Hand Made and Lovely!! Love this birth story! Congratulations!!

The Country Cook said...

She's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Mama! So glad you had an easy L&D and that you both are fine. She's so beautiful. Glad you got some Sugar-n-Spice!!! (I think everyone should have a girl--LOL!)

Tatiana said...

She is so beautiful! And it's so amazing how fast your labor went! Congrats mama!
I'm just blog hopping here, and your blog is just lovely!

Beth Eaton said...

She is adorable and born with a smile! How cute!!! Congratulations!!

mienkintoshfairie said...

Wow, 2 hours! That's amazing. I'm happy that she waited, and those circumstances was insane! She is so cute and happy

Mariann Rea said...

What a cute baby and it's wonderful to hear that the labor can be so quick. Congratulations!
P.S. Found you through Wug's Backyard ;)

http://littlefoxphotos.blogspot.com/

Kristin said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Losing Brownies said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy that everything went so well and that you were home so quickly!

Dede said...

Congrats on your new bundle of joy Hanna! I have 6 of them and have never went through without some kind of help in the pain department. Good for you!! She is beautiful :)

Lisa said...

Congrats to you and your family, Hanna! So thrilled for you - your sweet baby girl is gorgeous and I'm so happy for you that your labor was quick and your husband was present. Best wishes to you all.

Dear Lillie said...

Love Ginger's birth story - and yay, it gives me hope! I was in labor for 23 hours with Lillie and thought I was going to die....maybe this time will be much easier!

That picture of her is absolutely adorable!!! She is so precious!

Monica said...

What a precious photo! Ginger is just so beautiful. I really enjoyed the birth story. I have 3 bio children and 2 adopted. Each has a unique story that they enjoy hearing and I enjoy recalling. Someday lovely little Ginger will be so glad you took the time to write down her story.
Blessings,
Monica

ohboy said...

Congrats again!!! She is beautiful!

I gave you an award on my bloggie just letting you know =)

Eastlyn and co. said...

You did it, Hanna. Sounds like you created your own "Maggie birth." Now I'll have to change my story to include Hanna births, too! Congratulations! Ginger is absolutely

Eastlyn and co. said...

...beautiful. I hope by now Little Milton is feeling much better and enjoying his "big brother" status. Blessings to you and your family. (sorry about that...I accidentally hit the post comment cut my own message off above.)

Mama Ash said...

Beautiful and so happy for you. I am dying to have baby #2.
Ginger is beautiful and sweet, you can tell just by looking at her and already having a sweet smile.
Although we just "met" I am so happy you had a beautiful birth and send you much love and hugs!

Char said...

Congrats, she is gorgeous! So glad her daddy made it home. Weird how things work out like that, huh?! Take all the time in the world. You have two wonderful little ones to share your heart with!

Ashley (Ashley's Bookshelf) said...

So beautiful and what a perfect story :] Congrats to you and your family!

Char said...

Just went back and re-read this story. SO beautiful!! Can't believe she will be 2 tomorrow. Happy Birthday little girl :) Hope you are well mama!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...