Meet Jessica

As you all know, I am expecting a baby girl in a couple weeks. Ginger Grace is due January 18th. I am really hoping that because she is my second baby I will have an easy labor and delivery. My birth experience with little Milton was fine. It went basically as I expected it would. I was in labor for 17 hours total but the first 12 hours were a breeze. I was at home eating, drinking and doing laundry. It was only really painful the last 5 hours, but oh it was a rough 5 hours. I really wanted to have a natural birth and I am so grateful that I was able to with little Milton. 

However, everyone says that you will magically "forget" the pain of childbirth but unfortunately this is not true for me at all.    I still remember it very VIVIDLY!!!!  And NO,  I'm not looking forward to it again! In fact I am having MUCH more anxiety about the pain this time. I think because with Milton I had no way of knowing what to expect that by the time I was in full fledged labor I was so overwhelmed that I just did it. I had to, but now that I know how badly it hurts I'm nervous.  But I do hope to have a natural birth with Ginger also. I recovered so quickly with little Milton. I was able to walk around 10 minuets after he was born. It was great.
Here's a photo of my wonderful husband just after little Milton was born. I have it framed. I just love this one.

 So, I wanted to mention to you that when I go into labor my good friend Jessica is going to be guest blogging for me. I'm really excited because it will be my first guess blogger to ever post on bouffe e bambini. Jessica is a "real life" friend as well as a "blogger friend." We met about 15 years ago when we were just teenagers and have been friends ever since. Jessica is the one who introduced me to the wonderful world of blogging and suggested I start a blog during my pregnancy with little Milton and I am so grateful to her for that because I absolutely L*O*V*E it! 
Jessica has a blog that I adore called {civetta}. Hop on over THERE and see what she's been up to. You won't be disappointed! Jessica has a design blog and she's always posting gorgeous finds from fashion, to architecture, to amazing cocktail recipes. In fact, someone should hire her because somehow I end up buying half the things she posts about!! Seriously, I do!

Anyway folks I just wanted to introduce you to her and her lovely blog. I'm really looking forward to her guest post and I hope you are too. I don't plan to be gone too long, maybe just a couple days but Jessica will entertain you while I'm away!! 
 
Here she is looking gorgeous.

Meet Jessica..............

23 comments:

The Price Family! said...

Best wishes on your delivery!

One with many names said...

Congratulations and may all go well! :)

Thanks for the follow I now follow you back!

m&msmommy said...

I did not realize that you had a natural birth with Milton. I am in absolute awe of women in do that!!! I would absoultely LOVE it if she came right on time and was born on January 18th so she could share a b-day with Mia!!!! :)

Good luck!!! I know you'll do amazing!!! :)

Stephanie said...

I had my second baby last March and can totally relate to your anxiety. It was not as scary as my first because I knew exactly what to expect. It hurt like the devil, but I'd say it was easier. When you're feeling scared, remember that you've done this before and the pain is temporary. Listen to your coach/nurse/midwife & do what they tell you. You'll be FINE!

Stephanie said...

PS> I also went natural both times. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Kristin (Salty Tooth) said...

I wish you all the best with your delivery and I look forward to reading about the experience.

I have to tell you that I love your blog! I started reading a few days ago and I love everything about it.

Panda said...

Good luck on your delivery!

Beka said...

I am due in May with a little GIRL as well! ;) This is my 2nd pregnancy! My 1st one was my son, Tristan... Yes. He was an all natural birth as well!

I must agree with you about the anxiety of it all! I talked with my mom(who was also my doula) She coached me through everything! She talks with me now about how HARD it is to have a 2nd baby b/c you DO REMEMBER how HORRIFYING the pains were!

I am praying for a safe and healthy & FASSSSSSSSSSSSST delivery for you!
:)

jared's mum said...

congratulations on your natural birth with baby milton and here's hoping you have another one with baby ginger...have a safe delivery and see you here soon:)

Kaci said...

Speaking from a similar experience I know it can be done! I went on to do it two more times after my first hot mess of a birth. Focus your mind, change positions often or until you find one that makes you comfy, resist the urge to tense your body up and BREATH! It's a mind game. Get it in your head now that you can do it and don't be fearful! The end results are the ultimate reward. You can do it! Imagine me saying that all in a very calm and relaxed voice...not hollering like a cheerleader :)Best wishes to you.

Bethany K. said...

Have a safe delivery with baby Ginger :)

Michelleesque said...

I really hope you have a safe delivery with Ginger! :)

Pretty Mommy said...

Hope you have a fantastic natural delivery...I'm in the same boat (natural with #1 and hoping for that in a few months) but yes, a little anxious about it (Yowsa! The pain memory still seems pretty fresh to me) Love Jessica and can't wait to see what she has in store...Happy New Year!

ladaisi said...

What a perfect name for a little girl! Wishing you a quick and painless labor and delivery, dear!

- Lauren

Ladaisi Blog

Samantha said...

How exciting! Good luck to you for an easy and natural delivery!

The Chambs said...

stay focused and breathe, breathe, breathe...you've been there, you did great the first time going all natural. You can definitely do it again. Stay strong! Remember that each pain is to help your little girl get here sooner.
Best wishes!

mienkintoshfairie said...

Congrats, and I hope for a speedy recovery and a safe delivery for you!

Kelly said...

Good luck with everything and I hope you are able to do everything as planned!

Best wishes to you and Ginger!!!! :)

Emily {WhipperBerry} said...

I so know what you mean about the anxiety! I was a nervous wreck with my last baby. I also wanted to have her naturally because I had done it both ways and the recovery was night and day, but I remembered the pain all too well. But I realized that the first one was so horrible because I was so SCARED, and I honestly wondered if I was going to be able to live through it at times. But just going into it with the knowledge that I COULD do it, and had done it before, (and becoming a little more educated along the way) helped me out a ton. Everytime I started to panic, I would remind myself that I had done it before. Good Luck!!

PoetessWug said...

Hi Jessica! Make sure you keep us good and informed now! :-) I can't wait to miss the new little one coming!

CrazyMomma said...

natural is the way to go.....did it with my 1st 2 and will do it with #3 too!! yes it's a bit scary, especially now that you really know what to expect but when you feel overwhelmed just remind yourself you did it once and you were fine :) i repeated that with #2 and before i knew it she was on my chest crying :)
good luck and have a wonderful labor and delivery :)

Mama Ash said...

Thank you for following my blog, Everything Mom and Baby :)
I love yours and grabbed your button.
I wish you a beautiful delivery and when you're ready I'd love to send you some Zoe Organics to review for my shop/blog when your 2nd angel is here.
http://www.everythingmomandbabyshop.com/category_4/Zoe-Organics-Skin-Care-.htm

Love & Light,
Mama Ash

Wendy said...

How exciting for you!!! And I totally have baby envy... You're in the home stretch now!

Those people who say that you forget the pain? Yeah, they're crazy. It's been more than 8 years since I had my daughter and there's no forgetting that pain. Any chance you can labor in a tub of water? One of my best friends did that with babies 2 and 3 and said it made all the difference in the world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...