Mexican Chocolate Cake with Mascarpone Cinnamon Icing

I saw {THIS} recipe on one of my favorite cooking blogs {BAKED BREE} and changed my entire day around so I could make it right then and there ( I made this a couple weeks ago before GInger was born.) I love mascarpone cheese in anything!!! As I was scrolling though the recipe I saw it called for cayenne pepper, olive oil, and balsalmic vinegar and I knew immediately that I needed to make this cake.
It did not disappoint! You could definately taste the cayenne and cinnamon and what a beautiufl pairing they are. The cake came out a beautiful dark chocolate color and was very dense and rich.  The icing was VERY, VERY light, almost more like a whipped topping which I LOVED!!! So, I served the icing as you would whipped cream. I did not the ice the cake. I simply added a dollop of the icing to eat piece as served and I loved this idea! If I had a reastaurant I would make a killing selling this!! It really makes a very sophisticated flavor profile!
I will definitely make this again!!! I would love to try cupcakes!!
Find the recipe {HERE}



Also Please take minuet to have a *PEEK* at my all handmade GIVEAWAYS.  I only feature beautiful handmade things on my blog and everything is gorgeous! You will not be disappointed. I promise you!!! 





Hanna

7 comments:

Nichol said...

OOOhh sounds yummy, gonna head over to bookmark the recipe.

Lindsay said...

How do you have time to cook? You are super mom! :)

ChocolateCentral.com said...

I love the combination of chocolate and chili, but the addition of olive oil and balsamic vinegar is most interesting. I'll take your word for it and give it a try.

PoetessWug said...

Okay, Now I'm in! Cayenne and chocolate and vinegar???! I'm intrigued! LOL

Stephanie Rempe said...

That looks really delicious, I may have to give this a try! The frosting is calling my name!
-Stephanie

slommler said...

Oooo! That looks and sounds so yummy!! I must give it a try!!
Hugs
SUeAnn

mienkintoshfairie said...

This is an interesting recipe! Chocolate and chili sounds awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...