Valentine's Day Brownies

First of all I have a confession to make. The below photo is the actual recipe that I used to bake these brownies and sadly ALL the things I cook are also scribbled down on some torn, stained piece of scrap paper in my worst chicken scratch while little Milton is pulling at my ankles and God knows what other chaos  is happening around here. 
So, the sad truth is we have no printer and haven't in about six months. I suppose it isn't the biggest priority at the moment but this is a little ridiculous.
Mu husband thinks it makes me a better cook because I have been forced to read and write the recipe once before I even start attempting to make it. Maybe he's right! 
Find the recipe for these brownies {HERE}
Anyway, I made these brownies last Saturday while my hubby took little Milton to the children's museum so I could "rest."
Well as you can see that didn't happen!! As soon as Ginger was asleep I ran into the kitchen and started furiously cooking!! These are the first thing I've made since Ginger has been born and I must admit I'm going crazy!!! I guess I really have found a love for cooking and blogging! I miss is terribly! So, hopefully as Ginger gets bigger and bigger I will be able to throw her in the wrap or carrier and get down to business. I have A LOT of ideas!!
So, I;ve made these brownies before but I thought of doing a fun Valentine twiat with the peppermint. I simply placed white chocolate peppermint bells at the base of the baking dish before pouring in the brownie batter and then placed crushed candy cane on top of the brownies while still hot out of the oven. Then cover and the candy cane will swaet a little and stick really nicely to the brownies.





Hanna

13 comments:

Amber Risher said...

Those look absolutely divine! I swear I'm gonna gain some weight this weekend!

Lindsay said...

I need this recipe YUM! And those tags are adorable. Did you make them? Your amazing Hanna!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh - yum. Milton & Ginger are so lucky - they are going to have a childhood filled with sweet goodness from your kitchen!!

m&msmommy said...

Those look amazing! Milton and Ginger are going to have the "best of..." when taking things in for school celebrations. Mia and Manuel, well, they usually just get store bought! :(

Bracey Pate said...

I'm planning on making those amazing chocolate peanut butter cookies you blogged about a while back. My boyfriend loves reeses!!
These look amazing too! Glad you had the chance to get into the kitchen!

Mormishmom @ Funky PolkaDot Giraffe said...

Yummers!!! Did you make those chocolate peppermint bells?

mienkintoshfairie said...

That is an awesome idea!I'm not a peppermint person, but I am still going to try this recipe out on the family ^_^ I do love those Ghiradelli peppermint bark chocolates that come out every Christmas

Lady Estrogen said...

Love the presentation as well! Yum.

Nicole said...

Wow, those look yummy!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

My goodness...do these look wonderful. Yummy! The decorated bags are adorable. (-: Happy Valentine's Day.

Stephanie Rose said...

I LOVE YOUR RECIPES!!!
also, gave you a stylish blogger award - check it out -

http://0bella-rose0.blogspot.com/2011/02/spinning-circles.html

slommler said...

Wow! Does that ever look good!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Michelle said...

Hello Hanna! I'm sorry it took me forever to find out how to Add you so I could follow your blog too! I just now figured it all out.

What a lovely blog spot. These brownies look absolutely delicious and so adorable!

I look forward to reading more of your posts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...