Family Update

Ginger Grace 8 weeks


Milton Joseph 16 Months

It's so hard to believe Ginger is ALREADY two months old and that little Milton is ONLY 16 months old! I can remember feeling like the first three months with Milton lasted an eternity. Maybe it's because he had colic but the time has gone MUCH quicker with Ginger. I think I'm so busy running around after little Milton that I don't have time to reflect.
She is starting to get really cute now. Her little cheecks are getting chubby. She is smiling all the time now and making more coos than ever. She is very interactive and just adorable!! Milton is also more settled with her presence in the family. The first month or so he was overwhelmed but now he knows she's here to stay!
So far I have lost 7 pounds towards my goal of getting back to my desired weight, still 53 pounds to go but I'm feeling good. On most days I manage to get at least one maybe two power walks in and I've been watching what I eat! I have been dying to start running again but Ginger isn't really big enough to ride in the stroller yet so I carry her in a baby carrier strapped to me. I can't run with her in that so maybe next month she will go in the stroller!
The bad news is I have to go back to work! 
I had two job interviews last week and should be getting a call this week. I am deeply saddened to have to go back to work. The year and a half I got to be a stay at home mom to Milton was the best time of my life. I can't think of a time I was ever happier or more fulfilled.
That being said, we are at a point financially that I must go back. There is no negotiating at this point. I am very thankful that I am a nurse and can get a very good wage and only have to work two 12 hour shifts. That means 5 whole days at home with my babies.  I can also feel good that I am going to be providing for my family but there are going to be a lot of tears shed when I have to go to work for the first time and leave these beautiful babies! 
.....................Sigh.....................


Also I am guest blogging over at The Patchwork Chronicles. Come check it out {HERE}. I shared an A*M*A*Z*I*N*G recipe for Potato Leek Soup!!!




Hanna

15 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your photos! Your children are so cute. =)
The time will go by so fast..( when you are at work ) and then you will be back with your children "before you know it".
Melissa

~ Lyndsay The Kitchen Witch said...

So beautiful! I miss the days of having little ones - enjoy every minute!

Holly said...

Your kiddos are absolutely adorable! At least you will only be at work 2 days. They will go by fast!

Kittie Howard said...

Your children are gorgeous. So sweet! You are truly blessed. The two days will go by quickly.

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Aww... your little ones are so, so cute! :)

Lindsay said...

Hanna you make the most gorgeous babies...LOOK AT THOSE Cheeks. LOVE her...and him too :)

Amy said...

Your kiddos are GORGEOUS!! I think Ginger looks like you! Such a beautiful family you have! And hang in there with the working. My sister is also a nurse and she struggled with that decision this year as well, as she homeschools her kiddos. They really needed her income this year, however, so she is doing some home health. You will do GREAT. Hang in there! xoxo

Desiree said...

That was a very touching.....Love these pics so much!!!

PoetessWug said...

Sorry you have to go back to work so soon...Sounds like you have a pretty good schedule though...Just think: every 8 weeks from now on out will go fast too! :-)

m&msmommy said...

SO SO SO cute, both of them! :) Good luck with your job opportunities. I'm sure they loved you! :) It is going to be hard (and tears shed) but just remember it's two days on and FIVE days "off" with your wonderful, precious babies!(I use that term VERY loosely because I just mean off from your outside of the house job, clearly you'll still be working PLENTY in the house! ;)) That is a huge blessing! :)

Aurie said...

Your children are adorable! So precious :) Time goes by so quickly once the second child appears, doesn't it?

Candice said...

Wow, they look so much alike and are both cutie pies!

...I Thought I Loved You Then said...

Ginger is a doll!! They are both so adorable :)

mienkintoshfairie said...

Good job on your weight loss! And is Ginger wearing Tarte blush stick because her cheeks are sooo rosy ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hanna, I feel your pain with having to return to work. I had to go back after a little over 3 months and well as started back school. I feel as though I miss so much but like you said financially providing for you family is oh so important.
XoXo Kaslyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...