Healthy Snacks

With the arrival of Ginger, I have found myself strapped for time! I L*O*V*E cooking but honestly lately it's quiet difficult to cook like I used to, PLUS I'm trying to loose 60 pounds so I have been trying to eat really healthy. I am starting my weight loss counter at my pre-pregnancy weigh with Ginger which I reached within a month of her birth and am so thankful for that little head start.   I am pleased to announce I have lost 2 pounds since then so 58 more to go! 
I just thought I would share 2 ideas with you for healthy side dishes or snacks that I make all the time for myself and for little Milton! 


I L*O*V*E strawberries!!!!! So I have discovered that a few sliced up strawberries mixed with some yogurt works great when you are craving sweets. It's really almost as good as a dessert! So whenever I am craving sweets and get tempted to grab a cookie I whip this up instead. 
I have been using Dannon light and fit yogurt lately. It's only 80 calories! 

I also love sweet potatoes and they are so healthy! So I peel them, chop them, coat them in olive oil, salt and pepper and bake them for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
VOILA!!! 
You've got a really tasty, really easy snack or side dish. Milton loves these too!! 



That's it for today! I just wanted to share a couple ideas with you that I have found really easy and delicious! 
Hanna

10 comments:

chocoholic said...

I love strawberries and yougurt!

I've been eating apple muffins, 70 cal banana snack bars and frozen fruit with a big scoop of low fat whipped cream!

Lindsay said...

This was just the post I needed today Hanna. These look DELICIOUS :)

SMG said...

Thanks for sharing! I wish we had strawberries that looked that good in our stores. Looking forward to our local CSA delivery of spring fruits and veggies!!! Thanks for sharing some quick and easy snacks!!!

PoetessWug said...

I love yogurt, but I get a headache when I eat the low fat ones...But the sweet potatoes and yams?! I LOVE them!! I've never baked them like this, but I slow cook them in my frying pan in just a little bit of extra virgin olive oil with salt pepper and cinnamon or ginger. Sooooo good!...And strawberries mixed with some nuts are good too! Thanks for sharing. :-)

renee kristine said...

I'm Renee and a new follower of your blog! Just thought I'd say hello, rather than be one of those creepy people that lurks around on your page haha

anyhoot, i love what you've got going here, very cute!

Feel free to take a look at mine [you know, just so you know who's reading yours :)]

http://babygeisler.blogspot.com/

Renee xo

Ashley said...

Yum! I love sweet potatoes with a little bit of virgin coconut oil and sea salt. It satisfies my sweet and salty cravings. Glad I found your site.

Erin @ EKat's Kitchen said...

Hanna, congratulations on the new addition to your family! And good luck on your quest -- I'm on a similar one... :)

Please, swing on by to www.ekatskitchen.com and enter the CSN giveaway I'm hosting this week! :)

mienkintoshfairie said...

I like to eat plain Greek yogurt, or plain yogurt with a bit of honey and pineapples. It's really yummy! Sweet potatoes as a snack....GREAT IDEA ^_^

Michele Khokhlan said...

So in love with strawberries! Love your posts!
- Michele
http://www.lovesunshineforever.blogspot.com

Dear Lillie said...

Those sweet potatoes look divine! You are making me CRAVE them now. Haha! Your photos are beautiful, Hanna.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...