Bacon, Cheddar, Herb Cupcakes and My Birthday Part 2

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup milk
Corn sliced off 2 corn cobbs
1/3 cup fresh herbs, finely chopped (I used rosemary, thyme and chives)
3/4 cups cooked chopped bacon

for topping:
( a note about the topping. This TOTALLY unnecessary. I made it to top the cupcakes to look cute and it was delicious but these would be great without it. Mu husband preferred it without)

8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese(room temp)
1/4 cup sour cream (room temp)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon chopped chives

Spray 2 muffin pans with non stick cooking spray. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Now in another bowl, mix together all the remaining ingredients. Then mix wet and dry ingredients together. Scoop into muffin pans. Bake  at 350 degrees for 12-15 min or until golden.
For topping beat all ingredients at room temperature and pipe onto cupcakes. Garnish with fresh herbs.


My Birthday Part 2
So here is a little update about the second half of my birthday celebration. I must admit I got VERY spoiled this years. For about 2 years prior to this we didn't do gifts for anniversary, birthdays, or even Christmas because our finances were so tight. Now that I have gone back to work it has given us just a little bit of wiggle room so I guess my hubby took advantage off it and bought me some wonderful gifts. I had one of the best birthday's I've had in a long time.

He surprised me with this AMAZING vintage waffle iron that had never been used, straight out of the box. Isn't it cute? You better bet I tried it out Immediately. We had homemade waffles for my birthday breakfast and this Sunday I'm planning on making cheddar cheese waffles and fried chicken! I LOVE this gift! 

He also surprised me with a new Le Crueset. We have a le crueset dutch oven and a larger le creuset stew pot in the same color but this is perfect for smaller meals. LOVE IT!!!

And, my favorite birthday gift of all an emerald pendant to go with my ruby pendant that I got when Little Milton was born. And it's from the same local jeweler who made all our wedding rings.

Let's just say I was stunned!!!! 
Isn't it gorgeous?

love. love. love.

Here it is with the necklace I already had from when little Milton was born. I LOVE it. I'm so wearing it everyday. 

So, I think it's safe to say my birthday was AMAZING this year. Isn't my hubby the greatest?






Hanna

7 comments:

Mrs. H @ My Happily Ever After said...

omg spectacular! how is everything that you make so delicious? you're such a pro :)

Char said...

Looks like you were spoiled in a great way, how fun! And again, these looks amazing!

Kittie Howard said...

What a wonderful birthday. Yes, your husband is amazing. But, then, so are you. Your recipes are sooo delicious. Thank you!

Jenn Erickson said...

Mmmm...I think I could eat a whole tray of those "cupcakes"!!

Happy belated birthday! What incredible gifts. Enjoy your Le Creuset! Mine is one of my absolute favorite things in my entire kitchen. Such a fine, exceptionally crafted piece of culinary gear!

Jenn

Melynda said...

I think the whole thing was smashing, and that you deserve it! Beautiful pendant, I would wear it everyday also.

Lindsay said...

Aww Hanna, I am so glad your hubby was so good to you! You deserve every bit of it :) That necklace is gorgeous!

Keenly Kristin said...

Oh my goodness!!!! You are SOOOO lucky! While I love all your gifts...I am actually most envious of your vintage waffle maker! What an amazing and thoughtful gift!! LOVE it!

Happy birthday!!

Kristin :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...