Blast From The Past



Recently I was digging in an old keep sake box looking for something and I found this newspaper clipping so I thought I'd share it. I thought it was funny seeing me so young as a waitress. I was a waitress for 12 years by the way. I actually really miss it. It was so much fun. Being a waitress is actually very similar to being a nurse. It's just that the multitasking and running around I'm doing now is much more important but the same job skills really.

This was a restaurant called Reginelli's in New Orleans. It's bizarre because the morning that we evacuated for Katrina I had actually gone into work and the owner's called and said to board up the windows and close the shop so we did and I've never been back since that morning 6 years ago.

I really miss living in New Orleans. It was  a REALLY big adjustment for me when I first moved there and then I grew to L*O*V*E  it. I have only been back once since hurricane Katrina. I really wish we could get back there more. We just missed Jazz Fest which was always one of mine and my hubby favorites. We loved the Jazz and Gospel tents. Mainly I miss the AMAZING food in New Orleans.  Oh it makes me crazy just thinking about it. I had never had food that amazing in a all my life. It's a whole different experience down there. MISS IT!!
If you ever get the chance to visit to New Orleans, I HIGHLY recommend it!

Hanna

6 comments:

Dee said...

I love New Orleans. I tell everyone it's like stepping into another world there. There's nothing like sitting at Pat O's and having a good Bloody Mary (or hurricane) on a warm day.

K to the A said...

I waitressed in high school and college. I miss it too! I always enjoyed it.

Lindsay said...

I waitressed in college too! :) You meet some interesting people, that's for sure :) You are adorable!

PoetessWug said...

Life sure comes at you fast, doesn't it?! O_0 And it stays in your mind and heart all along the way. :-)

Little Bitty Things said...

Awww...Jazz Fest. My husband and I started an annual tradition of going with some friends of our each year. It's so much fun! We missed last year because I was pregnant and 7 months pregnant+NOLA does not a happy woman make. And then we missed this year because of the little man...but we're bound and determined to be back there next year!

Val said...

I was a waitress too.......Aww, you are adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...