The Handmade Hog Mother's Day Edition

Please join me and link up ANYTHING handmade or homemade. I would love to see recipes, DIY projects, party planning, and craft projects of all kinds!!!
And if you didn't make anything this week, no worries, link up an old favorite!!!
There are no rules! Feel free to grab the Handmade Hog button and place it in your post or on your sidebar but it is absolutely NOT required!! EVERYONE is welcome to participate!!! This is just supposed to be a fun way to share your ideas and pick up some new ones !! 
So, please join me! LINK UP!!! I can't wait to see what you have in store!!!



Mother's Day Herb Garden Tutorial:

I never know what to get my mom for Mother's Day and this year I wanted to make something that little Milton could take part in because he loves his grandma so much. So I started brainstorming and came up with the idea of an herb garden. I have been saving all the glass spice jars and aluminum cans just in case I decided to get crafty so this was the perfect project for it.
Oh and this entire project cost under $10. AWESOME!

#1. First remove the labels and clean the cans. Next get a nail and a hammer and bang holes in the bottom of the cans for drainage.





#2. Take a nail and hammer and punch out a design, like a heart. in the side of the can. I suggest sticking to simple shapes. We tried a "G" for grandma but it didn't come out as good.


#3.  Now paint the cans with whatever paint you have lying around in the garage (saves money). Be sure to paint about half way down on the INSIDE of the can too so if you don't fill it all the way to the top with dirt it will still look nice.

#4. Now take a needle with a large hole for threading and stitch your heart or design with some wide thread or twine. I am in love with the bakers twine from {THE TWINERY}. That's what I used here and use it for everything!!!

#5. Now take your glue gun and apply some hot glue to a toothpick and rub over holes on the inside of the can where your heart or design are. You want to seal these holes so water will not come out of them when you water the plant. The water will only come out the bottom. This way your little creation will last.

#6. Pot plants and decorate as desired




 



6 comments:

Mrs. H said...

those pots are absolutely adorable! i can't believe you made them out of leftover cans...i've got to try this sometime!

thanks for hosting...this is such an adorable and fun link up!

Lindsay said...

Hanna these are ADORABLE! LOVE your crafty side. What adorable gifts!! I ADORE greenery! :)

Robyn Burke said...

How fun!! Thanks for doing this and allowing us to share our super crafty fun time stuff. :)

Lindsay said...

These are so great! How did you come up with this??

Homemaker Honey said...

So creative!

Deborah
Homemaker Honey
homemakerhoney.com

Mama Spaghetti said...

Those are so stinkin' clever! I love herb gardens...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...