Chicken Parmesan and Fresh Spaghetti

Chicken Parmesan:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups bread crumbs
4 cups oil for frying
2 cups tomato sauce (if you want to make your own. I really like {THIS} recipe)

Recipe:
In a shallow dish mix bread crumbs,  pepper, salt, basil, oregano, thyme,  and Parmesan cheese. Heat oil in dutch over or high sided pan on medium high until 350 degrees.
NOTE: For extra tender chicken, marinate in buttermilk for 24 hours prior to preparing. Otherwise take 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts dip in egg and then dip bread crumb mixture and place in hot oil. Fry 5 minuets on each side or until golden brown. It's okay if you suspect the chicken is not all the way cooked because we are going to bake it as well. 
Now remove and set aside. Place 2 cups of tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish and place chicken breasts on top. Next top the chicken breast with the shredded mozzarella. Now bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minuets.

Fresh Pasta:
1 1/2 cup semolina flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water
1 cup tomato sauce to serve with


Recipe:
Mix salt and flour. Pour flour mixture onto counter top and make a well. Crack 2 eggs in the center of the flour well and beat with a fork. Now ad water and olive oil and slowly mix with flour. Once all the ingredients are mixed, knead dough with your hands for about 10 minuets adding small amounts of semolina flour as needed. The dough ball should not be sticky. It should be manageable.  Let the dough rest in a plastic bag or rag for 30 minuets. Now roll in pasta roller or with a rolling pin to desired thickness and cut. 
Boil in a large pot of salted water for 1-4 minuets. As soon as the pasta floats, it's done. Enjoy!



Hanna

8 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Well...we were thinking alike today! We're having Veal Parmigiana and Angel hair Spaghetti tonight! :-]

slommler said...

I had this for dinner last night and it was wonderful. My own recipe though but yours sounds fantastic!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Val said...

Can you share or fed- ex? Wantie.

Nichol said...

This sounds amazing. I've never made fresh pasta but want to!

S. Greiner said...

WOMAN! You are making me look bad! You have a newborn and a toddler (I have a 2 and 3 year old) and you're working as an RN (I'm a stay at home mom) and taking care of your kids after your night shift and you make homemade pasta?!?! You're killing me!

So thankful my husband doesn't follow this blog!!! :)

You're a rock star mom and wife!!! I"m inspired!!!

Lindsay said...

YUM! THIS is the perfect meal for my traditional dinners I dream of :)

Jaclynn_kyuss said...

I just licked my computer screen :)

blue koala said...

I really love your spaghetti recipe. Working on some chicken spaghetti recipe my self
http://www.only-recipes.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...