Cinnamon Rolls Nestled in Peach Cobbler

I just wanted to thank everyone who left such wonderful, encouraging comments for me on yesterdays post. I am done with work for the week so now I have a few days to get back to what I love the most, my food and my babies:) Tomorrow I'm making miniature pink donuts from scratch and I am SOOOOO excited. That recipe coming soon.

Here is an AMAZING recipe for cinnamon rolls baking inside a peach cobbler. Serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you will have died and gone to heaven. Enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tablespoon melted butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
6 cups sliced peaches
2/3 cup water

1. Preheat over to 375. For Cinnamon rolls: in  medium mixing bowl stir together flour, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. with a pastry blender cut in the 1/4 cup of butter until coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and add milk. Use a fork to stir until dough forms a ball.
2. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes. roll the dough into a 12X6 inch rectangle. Combine nuts, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and cinnamon. Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle nut mixture over it. Roll it up jelly roll style and cut into 6 pieces.
3. FOr peach filling, in a large saucepan stir together 2/3 cup brown sugar, the cornstarch, lemon peel  and the peaches. Add 2/3 cup water and cook until bubbly. Carefully pour the peaches into a 2 quart baking dish and arrange cinnamon rolls inside peach filling. Now bake at 375 until rolls are golden about 25 minuets.



Hanna

14 comments:

Melynda said...

Wow that looks good! I think I would also like to try it with my beloved rhubarb, right after the peach version! Thanks!

melody-mae said...

oh my goodness, my mouth is watering...this looks so good!!!!

sophieandmomma said...

YUM :) I love the simplicity of the ingredients! Gosh...how do I even start to lose the baby weight when all I want to do is bake and eat goodies like this????

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

WOAWOAWOA. Too much droolage goin' on here!

Jessie K said...

I agree with sophieandmomma! So much easier to just eat yummy, delicious dessert than dry old carrot sticks!

Anna said...

YUM! That's all I have to say. I'm totally tweeting this.

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

Nesty Girl said...

That is a brilliant idea! Can't wait to try it!

slommler said...

Oh my! This looks amazing! I am drooling too!!
Yummers
Hugs
SueAnn

PoetessWug said...

I was already a fan of anything 'Peach Cobbler-ish' anyway! Now..Cinnamon rolls on top?! YUM!!!

Lindsay said...

I could so go for one of these right now :)

The Desert Rocks said...

Hanna that sounds like heaven and I'm making them soon! Yum.

Hanna said...

That is the most delicious looking thing! I will have to try this recipe - my hubby will love me! LOL

Val said...

I think we share the same taste buds!!!

SuzyQpon said...

I just have to make this for my husband for Father's Day. He loves cinnamon rolls and peaches so this will knock his socks off (and give me an excuse to make something new!). Do you blanch and peel the peaches 1st????

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...