Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp

I L*O*V*E seafood in the summertime!! And I happen to love coconut shrimp! I was so pleased when I came across this recipe because I knew we would love it! 
They turned out amazing! 

Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp and a Sweet Chili Citrus Sauce
serves 4, about 5 shrimp each

20 jumbo shrimp or prawns, about 1 1/2 lb, peeled and deveined with the tails left on1 1/3 cup flour1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder1 cup beer, I used Sam Adams Summer Ale, Eric's favorite2 cups shredded coconut, I used sweetened1/4 cup coconut milk2 tablespoons sugar1 teaspoon garlic powder1 teaspoon paprika1/2 teaspoon each, salt and pepper3-4 cups vegetable oil

Sweet Chili Citrus Sauce1/.3 cup sweet red chili sauce, found near the thai food1 cup pineapple preserves, orange would work good too1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped

For the Shrimp.

Pour oil in a medium sized saucepan and heat on med hi until it reached 360 degrees. An oil thermometer works wonderfully here! Mix together chili sauce and preserves and microwave for 30 seconds. Add the cilantro, mix and set aside.

Mix together flower, baking powder, beer, coconut milk, sugar, and spices. pour your coconut in a separate shallow bowl.

Once oil reached temperature, dredge 1 shrimp into the batter, and then into the shredded coconut, pressing the coconut into the batter.

Carefully, drop into the oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. With a metal slotted spoon, carefully remove the shrimp and place them on a plate, lined with a paper towel. I did 3 shrimps at a time to no over crowd the pan and they all came out perfect. 
Serve with Sweet Chili and Citrus Sauce 

Original recipe found {HERE}


Hanna

10 comments:

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

YES PLEASE!! MY FAVORITE!!! PInning this!

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

These look so delicious -- My mouth is watering!

Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Found you through Story of My Life and I absolutely LOVE your blog!! So glad to be a new follower! <3 xoxo

PoetessWug said...

My mouth is hanging open...It's lunchtime. I WANT SOME...NOW!!! ^_^

Taryn said...

Ohhhh you're a girl after my own heart. Coconut shrimp is my absolute FAVORITE!

Cara said...

I don't drink nor do I eat meat but OHMYGOSH this has made me hungry - weird, right?

Melissa said...

This looks so good! thanks for sharing!
Stay cool!

Lindsay said...

Oh yum! LOVE me some southern fried food :)

Ashley said...

Looks delicious!!!!!

Carly said...

Seriously? It looks like how it comes at a restaurant! Such a beautiful presentation! I'm so hungry now, thanks a lot! ;-)

But really, this looks like something I've got to try next time I'm cooking with my boyfriend :)
P.S. I'd love for you to stop by my blog and add your recipe to my link up here. I'm trying to get a lot of sharing going on over there and these are just amazing looking shrimpers!

-Carly
www.createliveblog.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...