Homemade Brioche Hamburger Buns

I made these hamburger buns last weekend and L*O*V*ED them. They were super easy and made the burgers EXTRA delicious!! I halved this recipe and it made 16 buns so unless your feeding an army or want to freeze some I highly recommend halving this recipe!!! Recipe adapted from Good Life Eats

Homemade Brioche Dough


1 1/2 cups warm water
2 packets granulated yeast
1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
8 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 cups melted butter
7 cups all purpose flour

For the Hamburger Buns:
18 ounces Whole Wheat Brioche Dough
Egg Wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, whisked)
Sesame Seeds
Poppy Seeds

Directions:

To Prepare the Whole Wheat Brioche Dough:
Dough is best prepared the day before.
Add the yeast, salt, eggs, honey, melted butter and water to a 5 quart bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the all purpose to the liquid mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine, or use a stand mixer with a dough attachment.
Cover the dough and let rest for 2 hours, at room temperature, until doubled in bulk. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill. After chilled, remove a 1 1/2 lb. portion of the dough. Store the remaining dough covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, otherwise you can freeze it in 1 lb. increments for up to 4 weeks.
To Prepare the Hamburger Buns:
Divide the 18 ounces dough into 6 three ounce portions. A kitchen scale helps with this. Roll each portion into a ball.
Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place each ball onto the parchment paper and press into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Alternatively, for uniform buns, you can press each ball inside of greased English Muffin Rings.
Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and allow the buns to rise for 20-40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Place the oven rack on the middle position.
Brush the tops of each bun with the egg wash and then sprinkle with sesame seeds and poppy seeds, if desired. Bake rolls at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown. Let cool before slicing in half and serving.



Hanna

8 comments:

SueAnn said...

Oh yum!! I love hamburgers and this sounds like the perfect "go with" recipe! thanks so much
Hugs
SueAnn

Kymmie said...

Oh my! I must admit that hand made bread is not my thing, but I really, really want it to be.

Those burgers look delicious!

xx

Val said...

As a carb addict...I can not tell you how much this recipe just makes me happy!!!

Lindsay said...

OH YUM! Have a great weekend sweet friend!

Becky H. said...

These look DELICIOUS!! I'll have to show this recipe to my mother-in-law. She's the master baker in our family... I'd be too intimidated to try making these on my own! =)

Karly said...

Do you turn the temperature down to 350 when you put the dough in the oven?

Falling Flat said...

These look very awesome I am going to tell you I am totally jealous that you are able to work with dough so easy. I am still learning.

Melynda said...

Wow, these sound great. I like a little sweet in my hamburger bun, thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...