Braised chicken and mushrooms in sherry demiglaze



Ingredients:
2 bone in chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter 
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup sherry
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 pound shitake mushrooms
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
salt and pepper

Recipe:
Melt butter in saucepan over medium high heat. Place chicken in pan and brown on both sides (about 10 min) Remove the chicken and set aside. Now add garlic, onion and mushroom and saute until fragrant Cook about 5 minuets and add the white wine to deglaze the pan. Add the chicken stock and sherry and reduce by half. Now put the browned chicken breasts back in the pan and saute until cooked through. Now remove the chicken again and set aside. Now add the cream and dill. Smother the chicken with the sauce and serve with mashed potatoes, polenta or rice.





Hanna

9 comments:

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ohh YUM!! This is something my husband would LOVE

PoetessWug said...

I've made this meal MANY times...with a slight variation. I love mushrooms. I love chicken. What's NOT to love about potatoes...SCORE!!

melanie said...

Had to post this to pinterest! Totally going to try it! YUM.

Katie said...

Yummmmm! I could probably eat my weight in this! It looks delicious!!

Heather @ REOlistic Renovation said...

I LOVE this dish and totally order it at restaurants and never even considered making it at home. NOW I need to!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh! You had me at mushrooms. YUM!

E @ Act Fast Chef said...

Wow, that looks so good!

Val said...

This looks scrumptious. I just got your message on my blog. I'd love to guest post for you. Thank you so much for thinking of me. I'd be honored. valmac4@yahoo.com

Tamarah said...

I'm going to tey this recipe next week.. thanks for sharing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...