Cheese Fritters

AS you all know I L*O*V*E cheese!!! I have been wanting to make some fried mozzarella sticks but I saw these and they looks even better so I gave them a go. DELICIOUS!!!!!! I adapted the recipe a bit from the recipe I saw {HERE}.
I served mine with a big arugula salad. I guess I tried to balance it out a little. They were so good! My 2 year old loved these.

Ingredient's :
1 cup ricotta
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
pinch salt
1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups panko bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups canola oil for frying
1/2 cup marinara sauce for serving

Recipe:
in a medium bowl mix together 3 cheeses, thyme, salt and pepper. in 2 small separate bowls set aside flour and panko breadcrumbs. In a third small bowl beat eggs and set aside. 
Make a small ball out of the cheese mixture and roll into flour first, then into the egg and then the panko. Now set aside on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Repeat until you have used all your cheese mixture. Note: don't make the balls too big or they will now heat all the way through when frying. 
You may store these all day in the refrigerator if you like before using. 
Once ready to fry, heat oil on medium high for about 10 minuets. Fry 2 balls at a time turning frequently as not to let them burn. You should all ow them to become a dark golden brown. Again, we want to be sure the inside is hot and melted. The cheese might start to ooze out a little bit. This is okay! 
Once finished place them on a paper towel to drain off any excess oil.
Serve immediately with warm marinara sauce



Hanna

12 comments:

Beth@Wiccan Make Some Too said...

Yummy! I am on my way over for a sample or two or five. lol I would love for you to show this off at my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays!
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/08/wickedly-crafty-
saturdays-81311.html

Melissa said...

This recipe looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. =)

Hope you are feeling better!

Heather @ REOlisticRenovation said...

These look GORGEOUS! My Hubs was just saying we should try making some fried cheese for Baby! :)

cheeky curves said...

Oh yum yum

The Country Cook said...

These looks DELICIOUS!!!

Lindsay said...

These look like mozzarella sticks but BETTER!

hungryhippie said...

I could eat my weight in cheese on a daily basis if allowed!! I can't wait to try these out. Thanks!!
x
-natalie

Irene Wibowo said...

looks Yummy.. :)

http://lovesimplegreen.blogspot.com/

Irene Wibowo

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

My mouth is watering looking at this recipe, YUM!

Tamarah said...

these look delish!!! please come share this recipe on my blog. http://homeandpantry.blogspot.com/2011/08/healthy-salmon-cakes-with-greek-salad.html

Beth@Wiccan Make Some Too said...

Thanks for linking this up to my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! You were featured! Poof on over & grab a "featured" button! Get ready to show me some more wickedly awesome stuff!

Cassy said...

Hmmm. i love cheese too. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...