Panko Crusted Crab Cakes


This is one of my all time favorite dishes. These are great served with a salad or even on a fresh hoagie roll. I have posted a similar recipe before but I have been refining my recipe and this one is divine! I hope you will give them a try. Quiet easy, really!
Ingredients for crab cakes:
1 pound crab meat
4 green onions thinly sliced
2 eggs
1/3 cup crushed saltine crackers
1/2 red bell pepper diced small
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
juice from 1 lemon
2 dashes Worcestershire 

Ingredients for crust:
1 cup flour
2 cups panko bread crumbs
4 cups canola oil for frying

Recipe:
Place all in ingredients for the crab cakes in a bowl and toss gently. Now form into disks the size of your palm and place on a cookie sheet. You may do this step ahead of time. If not using immediately then simply cover crab cakes and place in the refrigerator.
When ready to use place oil in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat for 5 minuets. Meanwhile dip each crab cake first in the flour and then in the panko breadcrumbs. You may take a few bread crumbs and press them into the cake a little if they aren't sticking. Gently place int he oil to fry on each side about 2 minuets or until golden brown. I recommend small batches of 3 or 4. Serve with fresh lemon.
Hanna

7 comments:

Tiff said...

Mmm.. I was just thinking this afternoon about making crab cakes. Maybe I will try these!! :)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ohhh I would pretty much be in heaven if I could have one of these right now! Mmm!

young mothers memories said...

OHHH YUMMMMM! mouth watering

The Country Cook said...

Those look delicious and now I am craving crab cakes!

Val said...

You truly inspire me!!

Victoria said...

These look gorgeous! x

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

These look amazing!! You've inspired me to try to make these crab cakes, something I haven't attempted before. Thanks for all your good recipes!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...