Magic In The Middle Cookies

WARNING!!!! These cookies are amazing. I ate like 5 of them and totally ruined my diet AGAIN for the week! UGH!!!! But seriously they are amazing so make them!!!
Original recipe {HERE}

Chocolate Dough
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar (plus extra for dredging)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk

The Filling
  • 1/8 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  •  pinch Salt
  • 3/4 cups heavy cream
  • 3/4  cups whole milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (1/2 cup)

The Dough:
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
To make the dough: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.  In another medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the sugars, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the egg, beating to combine, then stir in the dry ingredients, blending well.
The Filling:
Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Combine cream, milk, and vanilla in a liquid measuring cup
Pour 1 cup cream mixture into sugar mixture, and whisk until cornstarch is dissolved. Add remaining cream mixture, and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, and cook until thick, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and add chocolate. Whisk until chocolate melts, about 1 minute. Now let it cool. Then place it in the freezer until fairly cold and hard.

To Make the cookies take about 3 tablespoons of dough and place about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of fudge in the middle and form the dises up around it. If you use too much fudge it will all leak out when you bake htem. Trust me I tried it both ways. Resist the erge to overfill. Once formed place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minuets. Dust with powdered sugar.






Pin It






10 comments:

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Your recipes always looks and sound sooo gooood! Cookies are my weakness and I would have eaten more than 5 most likely :)

Dixie Mom said...

Those look like something I should avoid...but can't!

Coco Draws said...

Wow, these look so good! Great pictures, too. :)

Nichol said...

Oh my goodness. These look incredibly amazing!

Kymmie said...

Oh Stop It! They would break any diet. Gooey centre and chocolate and crackly on the outside.

You've outdone yourself (and yes, I've pinned it!)

xx

Lindsay said...

EEESH I may just have to try these.... DELICIOUS!

Yummy Mummy said...

Oh gosh, those DO look like magic. And I can totally relate to ruining the diet plans. Chocolate cookies always do me in!

Lisa G. said...

These look awesome! I'm making them right now to bring to dinner at a friends and I was wondering if the peanut butter is essential? I only have organic oily natural peanut butter and I don't want to put it in. Thanks!

Lisa G. said...

Made them with my peanut butter and WOW!!! Super fantastic amazing. I'm not sure if I even want to go to dinner. I'm just going to hoard these to myself ;)

One more question though - I only used 1/4 of the filling and all of the dough. Any suggestions for what I did wrong (aside from making the recipe again tomorrow with the leftovers!!!)

Pary Moppins said...

These look AMAZING! I am a bit of a cookie monster so I can't imaging that these would last long in our house. Pinned the recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...