Meet Casey Wiegand

This is Casey and she might just be one of the sweetest, most beautiful spirits I had "met" in the blogosphere. I stumbled across her blog one and day and now I read it daily.  She is so positive, uplifting and inspirational. There's just something about her, something wonderful.
She has such a beautiful family and is such a kind, good hearted soul. 
I just really wanted you all to meet her so I asked her to do a guest post for me. She just recently had a miscarriage and she has been very open in sharing about it with us today . I really hope you will pay her blog a visit because it's beautiful and so is she. Here she is........



My name is Casey Wiegand, I am a freelance artist, wife and mama. 
I love painting and sharing our life through my blog...where you can expect pieces of my perspective on life, faith, kids, marriage, with touches of art, creative inspiration, projects and things I love along the way. I have two little ones in the hopes of lots more and am married to the love of my life :).


I lost my baby this month. 
Being honest, at first, even with some tears I felt like I needed to be strong. I thought I can't be sad...I have so much to be thankful for and people have suffered many losses like this before...Casey be strong. My mind is able to have good perspective, I know that I am blessed with 2 beautiful babies, I know we have never suffered a miscarriage before or dealt with any kind of infertility but the truth is...
But the truth is...I am hurt, heartbroken, sad, empty. 
I decided today I dont care if anyone out there in the world thinks it is silly that I am sad, devastated, heartbroken over this loss- because I need to be real about how I feel.


I looked at a baby that looked just like Aiden and Ainseigh at 3 months...and I know it would have grown up to look just like them and love me the way they do....and that little person is gone. It's strange having a loss after having two children because I naturally imagine it looking and acting very similar to them... 
it had such a reality to it.

God is so good and does wrap us up in these times of heartache... and I trust with my soul that He has a plan. But it doesn't soften the hurt. I was uneasy all morning with a huge lump in my throat. I have to say thank you so much for loving me well. I had flowers and meals on my doorstep, constant emails/texts/calls all morning....I am blessed to have such love in my life.

My doctor is a beautiful soul...her nurses and staff truly are like family to me. They have walked through some hard hard things in my personal life along side with me as well as 2 rough starts. She cried along with us today. She answered all my questions. I am sensitive soul- I take great care and respect to the little life that I had started in me and I wanted to make sure that afterwards, even so small, it was respected greatly. 
I miss the dreams we had for this child, I miss being pregnant, I just miss this baby.

This baby that we named Addison.
Addison Wiegand.
 It made me feel better to give him/her a name...to think about the day I reach heaven he/she will be standing there, I will instantly know who he/she is and wrap my hands around so tight.

I love you sweet Addison. I am so sorry I was unable to have time with you here on earth... I don't know or understand, but I love you just the same. Mama is coming someday and we will be together again. 
I love you sweet baby. so so very much.

"I find beauty in not only the beautiful things in life, but the bittersweet and sad as well. To me, there is something poignantly lovely about the human experience from its splendor to its grief. God created all our emotions, not just the happy ones, and for His good purposes. That's why a good cry can feel so good. And hitting our limits forces us to look outside ourselves for a Savior. It is in the plea, when we're at our end, that we can find that which is truly life-giving. Personally, my moments of deepest grief, deepest pain, have resulted in the most beautiful seasons in my heart. I've met God more intimately in those moments than in all the other pleasant ones combined. What isn't completely lovely about that?"Leslie


Pin It
 

10 comments:

A Little R&R said...

I've been there, and it's so hard to lose a baby. I named both of mine, and I remember the days they were supposed to be born. Somedays I wonder why God chose to keep them, but I also know that He does all things good - so He must have had a greater plan...and I trust Him in that. With each year that passes the memories become sweet - and I've been able to help some precious friends through those difficult first moments of miscarriage. And that has proved to be very healing. I know God will bring you the healing you need, too.

SueAnn said...

What a beautiful and tender sharing of such a sorrowful loss! My heart and prayers reach out to you dear one,
Hugs
SueAnn

Lindsay said...

I Love Casey! Shes a beautiful soul inside and out! Thanks for featuring her! :) HUGS

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Felicia said...

That was so beautiful! I really needed to hear that. My best friend and pastors wife, lost her baby boy (Joel Hope)at 21 weeks last week. I have felt so helpless because I could never imagine how she feels. I know this is going to be a long road of recovery with her, and I am so thankful to have a glimps of understanding now. :-)

Hannah said...

I love you Casey! And you are right... God will be there to hold your hand and your heart until the hurt begins to ease. You are a brave woman with a beautiful soul and you have inspired me in a great way. God Bless you and yours!

Love,
Hannah

Victoria said...

I really don't mean to be nasty with this comment but perhaps it would have been nicer if you'd have linked to this post from a main page. It's a very sore subject for some, myself included, and causes a lot of upset when just stumbled across unprepared. I read your blog every day and came on as I usually would but now I've been deeply upset by unwantingly reading about this issue. I think it's a bit too emotional a topic to post without any kind of warning.

Melissa said...

I thought this post was very inspiring, thank you for sharing.

Kristin said...

This is beautiful. Four years ago, I lost a baby too. It's such a difficult thing to go through. Having my little man three years ago definitely eased the pain!

Marina @ Yummy Mummy said...

I'm so sorry for her loss and commend her on sharing this story. I know many women feel so alone when they miscarry, and it helps to relate to someone who has been through it.

I have a similar story on my blog today. I hope you'll come by and read it.

Also, do you know what's going on with Val?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...