Sometimes Even Mama Gets Spoiled

With a GORGEOUS roasted chicken from my hubby. Isn't he the cutest? Oh and he's an amazing chef. He used to work the line at Emeril's and he was born and raised in New Orleans. Trust me the man can cook!!

After I've worked the night shift and been up for 28 hours straight it's save to say I am a vegetable and I'm not doing much in the kitchen so my wonderful husband will often cook a lovely meal for the family. 

Yesterday I had a really bad day. I had been up all night having nightmares and then I ate 2 cookies which are not on my diet and then I knew I had to go into work at the hospital all night with no sleep AGAIN and well, the day just went down hill from there. Anyway, I ended up feeling really angry yesterday about a lot of things in my life that I wish I could change and I posted it to my facebook status and then felt really bad about it because I am SO grateful. 
In fact I make it a point to be grateful EVERY SINGLE DAY! 
I am so blessed. I love my life. I love my husband. I love my kids. 
Grateful doesn't even begin to describe it.
Thank you universe for making me feel like the most loved, lucky woman alive.


A little gratitude goes a long way! I am so grateful!!


Hanna

8 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Love his AndyCap

Coleen said...

Wow, Hanna, that looks scrumptious. Makes me want to BBQ right now. You might want to redo your profile to include the new little one. Congrats.
Thanks for following on my blog. I"m already following you back and just wanting to visit around to my follower friends.

Blessings,

Coleen in Ukraine

PoetessWug said...

Yeah, that flash of anger can kinda catch you off guard, can't it?!! :-)) I didn't see your FB page, but I know that because I'm going through the 'change' now! Oooo! Whee! It can come up fast!!!...But thankfully it doesn't last, and there is always tomorrow, so you can start again. That doesn't have anything at all to do with being grateful every day though! I still am too!....And I wish I had some of that chicken so I'd have one more thing to be grateful for!! LOL

Kymmie said...

Oh, you are being far too hard on yourself. Without sleep the world is a very horrible place.

But after some sleep, there is more perspective. And light.

And yes, what a wonderful husband. That does look mouth wateringly delicious!

xx

Lindsay said...

WHAT a guy!!! :)

The Price Family! said...

Its funny how a lack of sleep can throw up so much anger. That chicken looks so yummy. Im so glad you found a little light to be thankful for.

mom2girls said...

OK first off, HUGS to your working momma - lack of sleep, and night shifts are SO hard on the momma! Take it easy on yourself in any way that you can.
Then on to that lovely husband of yours - he is the sweetest thing I have ever seen - and his chicken is to wonderful even to think about. I have said it before - your family rocks my world. :) Hugs again.

SueAnn said...

Don't beat yourself up so!! No sleep is very bad news for sure!
And that chicken looks scrumptious!
Hugs
SueAnn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...