Whole Wheat Zucchini, Banana, Chocolate Chunk Bread


This is a recipe that I am constantly playing with. This time I decided to try a whole wheat version with some chocolate and zucchini. Lets just say it was a hit!!!

1 cup whole wheat flour
3⁄4 tsp. baking soda
1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
1 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup canola oil
1⁄3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 ounces dark chocholate
1 cup finely shredded zucchini (squeezed and drained in a dish towel)

1. Heat oven to 350°. Grease a 9" x 5" x 
2 3⁄4" loaf pan with butter and dust with flour; set pan aside.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

3. Whisk together sugar, oil, buttermilk, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Add zucchini, chocolate and mashed bananas and whisk gently to combine. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean, 60–65 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.


My Internet was down for almost 4 days so thanks for sticking with me:) Lets just say Comcast is NOT my favorite! 

Hanna

7 comments:

Rose said...

Wow these look amazing! I have a milk allergy though... wondering if they would taste the same is I switch out the buttermilk for soy milk??

comcast is also on my "do not like" list! Always having issues with them!

Thanks for the great recipe.
http://ourtipsforsaving.blogspot.com

keep in touch!

The Country Cook said...

Oh my this bread looks delicious! I have been wondering what to do with all the zucchini I have...and with chocolate YUM!

meghan said...

looks so yummy! i'm thinking i might have to try this soon =)

cheeky curves said...

Interesting combination, banana and zucchin, looks really good

A Little R&R said...

I wish I could reach through the screen and grab a bite!!

Melissa said...

This looks so good, thanks for sharing!
Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!

Coleen said...

Yummy, have to try this recipe. I have zucchini from the garden.

Coleen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...