Halloween Mummy Oreo Pops


I can't remember now exactly where I got the original idea for these. Somewhere around the web I saw something sweet that was made into a mummy and so I thought I'd try it with cookie pops and not only are they so cute but really easy. Seriously, no cooking at all. It's just assembly. So cute! Happy Halloween!! 


What you will need:
2 bags of white chocolate chips
15 Oreo cookies
30 edible eye balls or you could substitute plastic ones and just ensure guests know to remove before eating. I found my edible ones at Hobby Lobby
1 package of lollipop sticks (also found at hobby lobby)
twine or ribbon for decoration

Method:
1. carefully twist the oreos apart ensuring not to break them
2. in the microwave heat up about 1/4 cup of the white chocolate chips until melted. Do this in 20-30 second intervals ensuring no to burn it.
3. Dip your lollipop stick in the white chocolate and then carefully pres into the white Oreo filling and top with remaining Oreo half. Set on a cookie sheet. Repeat until all the oreos have been fitted with sticks. Now place them in the freezer to set. 
4. Now heat up one entire bag of the white chocolate chips in a bowl that with easy for dipping. Again, do this in the microwave in 30 second intervals stirring in between. I have found white chocolate is a little more temperamental in the microwave and burns easily. So as soon as it's smooth, it's ready. 
5. Now remove your oreos on sticks from the freezer and dip the back portion in the white chocolate. Now get a skewer or small spoon and smooth the white chocolate over the bottom half of the front of the oreo ONLY. You want to leave the back round where the eyes will go dark like the original color of the Oreo. This makes them look more "spooky" :)
6. Now place a little dot of white chocolate on the back of each eye ball and place on the dark part of the Oreo that has not been dipped in white chocolate. Now place them in the freezer again to set. 
7. Once set place remaining white chocolate in the microwave to melt. Now get a zip lock baggie and pour the melted chocolate into the bag. Cut a teeny tiny hole in the corner with scissors and begin making your mummy layers. I chose to split my chocolate into 2 bags and I cut one hole teeny tiny and one hole a tint bit bigger so I would get more of a layered effect. If you decide to it this way then pipe the bigger mummy wrapping first, chill, and then do the tiny mummy wrapping last. 
VOILA!!!! You have a gorgeous Halloween treat and you didn't even have to cook anything!!! 


Photobucket




Pin It

21 comments:

Melynda said...

WOW, these are adorable! Even my big kid would love these.....

Frankie said...

Ah. I love these. They're so clever but so easy!

Lindsay said...

SO cute! I saw these on pinterest! :) LOVE!

jmerenberg said...

These came out awesome! I am attempting chocolate Halloween pretzels from a mold this weekend!

Regina said...

These are AWESOME!!! I am already making Mummy candy containers for the Chazman's party at school but this is going into my idea book for next year. Thank you for sharing!!!

adventuresindinner said...

Adorable! What I like about them most is that I can actually make them tonight with the five minutes of extra time that I've got :)

Val said...

I love chocolate dipped Oreos... One of my favorite guilty pleasures but I have never made them look this cute. My kids would love these. Thanks for sharing.

Mri said...

Awesome! Definitly something I need to try out ! :D Thank you for sharing this ^^

xx, Mri
http://daydreamdoodle.blogspot.com

stephanie said...

uhhhh those are quite possibly the cutest things i have ever laid eyes on. loves it.

Tatiana said...

Those are about the cutest things! Your skills and creativity leave me speechless! Your amazing. Seriously.

Q @ JAQS said...

Those are awesome! I would love for you to share this great project at my linky party: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/10/made-by-me-4-linky-party-and-features.html

Aubrey said...

YUM!!! and too cute to eat too!

Stephanie said...

What a brilliant idea. Remember when I said desserts talk to me? These are screaming "Eat me now!!!"

NKubon said...

Too cute. They look pretty easy to make as well. You did a great job!

Newly following from the Fall Fest hop. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading more from you!

www.pregnancyroadtripandbeyond.com

Mallorie Owens said...

These are adorable! Might have to try these, my Mom and I love to make cake pops. New follower from followers fest :)

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

So adorable!! New follower from followers fest!

Nichole @ Yeung Mother Hubbard said...

Those are so cute!!! New follower from Follower Fest!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

those are THE cutest things ever!!! and they look yummy, too! i'm obsessed with oreos!

5ohWifey said...

Found you on follower fest. Can I just say that these look awesome! I wish I had a halloween party to make them for! Love

Wild and Precious said...

A- MAZING! i need to attempt these!

found you through follow fest & am a new follower! so glad to find you.
xo,
blair
wild and precious

the cheese thief said...

cute. so easy

Stopping by from the blog hop.

I'm a new follower.
hope you can check me out at
thecheesethief.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...