Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

I am so glad I tried these because they were SUPER easy!!!! I really hope you will try them. They were really rich and delicious, just like a Reeses but slightly more rugged which I L*O*V*E! Honestly, I would enjoy these much more any day over a store bought peanut butter cup. 



Ingredients:
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
2 graham crackers (crushed into crumbs)
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 pinches salt

Recipe:
 Place 12 cupcake liners in a standard size muffin pan. In a plastic or glass bowl place the chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a pinch of salt and melt it in the microwave using 30 second intervals, stirring in between as not to burn it. Once melted and smooth, spoon one heaping tablespoon of chocolate into each lined muffin cup. You should have about 1/4 of the chocolate left on the bowl for the topping. Set aside. 
Mix the rest of the peanut butter, pinch of salt, crushed graham crackers and confectioners sugar in another bowl. You can mix is with your hands if you are having trouble combining it. Once combined form little discs with your hands. They should be slightly smaller than the width of the muffin cup so that the peanut butter will be completely concealed by chocolate. Once formed, press into the center of the melted chocolate. You want the chocolate to come up the side of the peanut butter, cradling it. Once they are all filled then spoon a small teaspoon of chocolate on top and carefully spread it across the top of the peanut butter disc. You don't need much chocolate for this because your bottom and sides should already be formed. Now place in the refrigerator to set. 
SO DELICIOUS!!! 




Hanna

19 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Yum!!!! 'I love the smell of chocolate and peanut butter in the morning!' LOL

Kymmie said...

Oh my. Stop it! They look delicious! (And how did you know that I love Reece's Peanut Butter Cups?)

I make Nigella's Peanut Butter Slice, and this one looks equally as delicious! Hmm, I think I might make a batch later in the week, am having guests!

xx

Hanna said...

Mmmm....yes please!!!

Lindsay said...

I'd be in some serious trouble if I hung out with you :)

Tammy said...

MmmmmMMmMm those look FANTASTIC!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Okay first oreos and now this...I am really likin what you are putting out there! These look like trouble though! Totally fine with me

Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Peanut butter cups are my absolute FAVORITE little indulgence and these look amazing!! Great job! :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

I must look away! I'm drooling!

Lindsay said...

Oh my word, you just made my day.

Nicole said...

My husband is going to keel over. Thanks for posting this! I just pinned it - that way I know where this great tutorial is when I need it!!

Anna said...

LOVE this! I'm pinning it so that I can make them soon!

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

hungryhippie said...

This is my all time fave candy...and now you've shown me how to make it! AWSOME. May I re-post this, or feature you on my blog? Feel free to email me:
hungryhippie@live.com
thanks! :o)
natalie

Yummy Mummy said...

WOW those look like perfection. I would be worried I would eat them all in one sitting. They look TOO good :)

Sharde said...

oh MY GOSH! i've got to try these! :) they look absolutely delicious and i love the way you photographed them too :)


the style projects

Mama Ash said...

I am so baking these!

Julie said...

Wow! These look really good and easy to make.

Nichole Livengood said...

I'm totally making these during the holidays! They would be good with oreos crushed up and smooshed with butter for filling and white chocolate on the outside too!!!!

Amanda said...

Is that whole graham crackers or squares?

gayle t. said...

It's official. I'm coming to visit you. I will make it up to you by being super helpful. All I ask is that you make me all of these desserts. YUMZZZZZ.

​xoxo,
Gayle | Grace for Gayle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...