Chai Apple Pie and last minuet Thanksgiving LINKY party

After making that {Pumpkin Chai Bread}. I got to thinking, what else could I make with this fantatic Chai flavored Latte mix and I thought APPLES!!!! SO here you have it my friends! The flavor combinations are amazing! Truely, this adds a whole new spin pn the tradition favorite. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! P*E*R*F*E*C*T for Thanksgiving!!!!


This recipe will yield 6 Giant Muffin cup size pies or one 9" pie!

Please so not be intimidated by the miniature pies. I am obsessed with everything miniature but this recipe will make a beautiful 9 inch pie as well

Ingredients for the pie:

3 granny smith apples, peeled and cubed
3 gala or fuji apple peeled and cubed
3/4 cups of sugar
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 heaping tablespoons of corn starch
1 cup concentrated Chai Tea Latte (you can buy this at whole foods or Starbucks)
5 teaspoons butter
1 egg beaten with 3 tablespoons water (egg wash)


Ingredients For the Dough 

(or use store bought dough to make it easier!!!)

  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup shortening, chilled
  • 3 tablespoons ice water

Directions for Dough

  1. Whisk the flour and salt together in a medium size bowl. With a pastry blender, cut in the cold shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Drizzle 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water over flour. Toss mixture with a fork to moisten, adding more water a few drops at a time until the dough comes together.
  2. Gently gather dough particles together into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling.
  3. Roll out dough, and put in a pie plate. Fill with desired filling and bake


Directions for Pie Filling:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place cubed apples, sugar, Cinnamon and Chai  in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
3. If making individual pies, Break your dough ball in half. Once in half, cut each half into 6 small dough balls. You will need 6 for your bottoms and g for your lattice tops. They may seem very small but will stretch to just the right size.
4. Spray your GIANT muffin pan with non-stick spray.
5. Roll out your bottoms and place in the GIANT muffin pan
6. Fill with the apple filling. Place a small butter pat on top of each.
7. Roll out your last 6 circles, cut into trips and lay your lattice.
8. Brush with egg wash and bake for 35 minuets. (if making a 9" pie bake for 45 -50  minuets)
9. Serve warm with fresh whip cream or ice cream!!! 

 I L*O*V*E the Holidays!!!!! Happy Baking my friends!


Please join me and link up ANYTHING handmade or homemade. I would love to see recipes, DIY projects, party planning, and craft projects of all kinds!!!
And if you didn't make anything this week, no worries, link up an old favorite!!!
There are no rules! Feel free to grab the Handmade Hog button and place it in your post or on your sidebar but it is absolutely NOT required!! EVERYONE is welcome to participate!!! This is just supposed to be a fun way to share your ideas and pick up some new ones !! 
So, please join me! LINK UP!!! I can't wait to see what you have in store!!!





Pin It

10 comments:

Bombchell said...

look delicious

Little Mommy said...

Pies look great! Enjoy the cocktail!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE chai. I bet these would be a HIT in my home!

Stacie said...

Those pies look like they belong in a magazine...so pretty!

Karm said...

Yummy!! My dad loves apple and cherry pies. So I think I want to make this for him tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!!!

Tatiana said...

Do you want to come and bake for me all day long? I'll so let you!
Everything you make looks so amazing!

Rachel @ My Happily Ever After said...

adorable! does it take you forever and a half to make those? i feel like i'd be stuck in the kitchen all day!

Fash Boulevard said...

hanna, this looks beyond amazing. please come and bake for me. lol. thanks for sharing, love. I've got a new fash trend report. Love to hear what you think. xo

http://fashboulevard.blogspot.com/

REBrown said...

These look so cute and delicious!

james said...

Amazing CHAI blog I like it!!

Chai

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...