Chocolate Hazelnut Torts with Shortbread Crust


I thought these would be a G*R*E*A*T little addition to the Thanksgiving dessert table. You all  know I am obsessed with Nutella so any chance I get I'm whipping up something it. 
These came out so, so cute and EXTRA delicious!!! I really hope you'll give them a try! They are definitely on the easier side! 


WILL YIELD ABOUT 8-10 Tartlettes
 or one 9" pie


For The Crust-
12 T. unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

For The Filling-
1 T. cornstarch
1 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup Nutella or use my Homemade Nutella {{RECIPE}
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
Toasted hazelnuts and homemade whip cream for garnish

NOTE: If you so not wish to make tartlettes and would rather make a whole pie simply keep the crust recipe exactly the same and double the filling recipe. It will come out perfectly.

Preheat oven to 325F with rack in the middle.  Melt butter for the crust in a saucepan over medium-high heat.  Off heat, stir in sugar, vanilla and salt until dissolved.

Blend butter mixture into flour with a rubber spatula.  Press dough into 8-12 greased  GIANT muffin cups in a GIANT muffin pan. Simply fill as many as you can with the amount of short bread you have. Bake these ahead of time for 20 minuets and set aside.

To make the filling, whisk cornstarch into 1/4 cup cream in a bowl.  Combine the remaining 3/4 cups cream, Nutella, vanilla and salt in a saucepan.  Whisk in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.  Once boiling, stir until thickened, about 1 minute.  Pour into the little crust sand smooth the top.  Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.






Pin It



12 comments:

Lindsay said...

You amaze me! The perfect little treat for thanksgiving! :)

adventuresindinner said...

Oh man! These are gorgeous. I'm working on Nutella Fudge right now. You've spurned me on.

Alex said...

These look AMAZING!! Will definitely need to try them soon :)

stephanie said...

those are the cutest things ever! little bite-size yummies.

Whitney & Devin said...

Hanna! You make such gorgeous thigs!!! I need to try these ASAP!

Katy said...

mmmmm mmmm! these look divine! holy moly!

Thanks for participating in my recipe exchange! ;-)

http://katyplayinghouse.blogspot.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-recipe-exchange.html

Melissa said...

These look wonderful!
so yummmmmy, I love chocolate!

Tatiana said...

Those look SO delicious! I think I've got Nutella running through my blood. That's like the european version of PB. I've been eating it since I was out of diapers.

Anastasia from Natbeesfashion said...

Hanna that is amazing!!!!!!It looks so yummi.If only I could have the time to cook them :(
Thanks for following my blog, I definitely return love back as well as my sister did!Sisters power :)
xxx

REBrown said...

These look so delicious!

Kymmie said...

How you can make such delectable treats and get skinnier and skinnier (as your new photos on the left show), is beyond me!

I think I just put on 2 kgs looking at these divine tartlets!

xx

Val said...

Sweet Perfection!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...