Electric Blue, Papaya and a Few Facts About Me


I originally saw this adorable post on Casey Weigand's blog, then on Lindsay's blog, and finally on my new friend Christy's blog.  I Just loved it and decided to share it on my blog too. Thanks for the inspiration ladies!!!

Unfortunately this has been a little bit of a tough week so that may reflect in my answers. I feel like when it rains, it pours. I'm keeping my chin up and pressing forward because I must for my family. I think a lot of bloggers put on a certain persona that they want to portrait and I totally understand that but sometimes it's best to just be down right honest!!! I think the truth is much more interesteing than the fantasy.

However, on a lighter note, I am already up to running 3 miles with my training and I L*O*V*E this outfit!!!! There is always an upside my friends. HALF FULL, ALL THE WAY! 
It must be!!!!

I'm Weird Because.........
I wear my pajamas 80% of the time
I'm always hot, I sleep with the windows open in the winter
I obsessively clip my cuticles
My husband and I sleep with separate blankets in the same bed
I would much rather work 12 hour shifts than 8.
I eat Nutella straight out of the jar A LOT!!!
I like elbow skin

I am a Bad Friend Because...... 
l need  a lot of personal space.
I am terrible about checking my messages or calling back. I usually just don't.
I can be flaky.
I will commit to something and then back out at the last minuet.
I can be guarded, not letting my friends in sometimes.










I am a good friend Because...........
I ALWAYS send thank you cards.
I am very loyal.
I will stick by your side as a friend for life.
 If you really needed me, I would be there in a heart beat, even if you were in China.
I am very generous. I like to shower my friends with gifts and treat for lunch dates even if I can't really afford it.
I am very supportive. I am always encouraging and never competitive.
I really love my friends deeply and they become family to me.

I am sad Because...............

We can barely pay our bills. We live pay check to pay check and sometimes our account is overdrawn.
I have to start working overtime next month.
I really, really want to be a stay at home mother but can't afford to be.
I miss my children deeply when I am away from them.
I miss my brother. He died 4 years ago.
My father is very sick and unresponsive in the hospital right now.
We only have one car and it breaks down A LOT.
And to top if off my husband lost his job yesterday.

"those things that do not kill us will only make us stronger"
I am an honest believer in this!


GOD IS SO GOOD!!! 

I know my family will be okay.

I am happy Because...........

I have 2 amazingly beautiful, healthy children.
I have a wonderful husband who treats me like a queen.
I have a career that is dependable.
I have plenty of food for my children.
I have health insurance.
We own a home.
I have this blog which I adore.
I have many loyal, beautiful friends.
GOD IS GOOD TO ME, always.
I have discovered that cooking is my therapy.
I have lost 108 pounds.
I feel great about myself.
I am training for a marathon.
I have a closet full of beautiful clothes.
I am excited for.....................

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!,
I actually have the day off (with nursing you never know when your going to have to work) 
To watch my little ones eyes light up on Christmas morning.
My husband and I's second date in 2 years which happens to be next week.
My days off.
Time with my babies.
A good night's sleep.
Things to come in the mail. I love getting packages!
Ginger's first birthday Party. It's going to be French themed.

Button Down Shirt: J Crew
Jacket: Emersonmade
Jeans: Rich and Skinny
Shoes: Sychelles
Belt: Gap

Momma Go Round
pleated poppy




Pin It


20 comments:

PoetessWug said...

A lot of honesty in this post. I like that. But I'm sorry to hear about your husband's job and your father's illness. TOUGH!!! :-( Sending good thoughts your way.

Cara said...

I know the feeling over finances :(.

There is always a rough with a smooth in life! Hope things start looking up soon.

Yummy Mummy said...

I like your quote about real life being more interesting than fantasies. That's a great perspective. And I too am a Nutella out-of-the-jar eater :)

Emily Baker said...

oh i LOVE this post!!

Something's in the air. I know several people going through some really rough phases of their life, including myself. Use God's strength as your own and you will be able to conquer anything!

B:Mod Designs said...

Hanna, I like what you said about being "real" and not "fantasy"...there are way too many blogs out there that portray a fantasy world and not real life.
Life can be difficult at times...but stay positive....good things will come!!

Aimee said...

Hanna, I totally can relate! In my little "about me" there's a bit about our job lost experience. Totally stinks! I'll say a prayer for encouragement and opportunity for you both!!! On a totally lighter note, your outfit is super cute!!! I loved your post and am excited you stopped by It'sOverflowing so I could find you!!!

I'm your newest follower,
Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

mom2girls said...

Hugs, of all the people I "know" you are the last I would want to have bad things happen to especially at this time of year - I am so sorry you are having a rough time right now. You are so right though, what does not kill you makes you stronger, I firmly believe that. Cyber hugs - you always put a smile on my face, and my stomach growl! I am gluten and casein free and I look forward to your wonderful pictures of those foods that I can not eat like nothing else, they brighten my whole morning :) I wish you all the best, now and this whole season. Things will work out for your lovely family. Hugs.

Paula said...

your jeans have a great color, loe the bright blue!! and when I did this, I also wrote I'm excited for christmas, yay :D

m&msmommy said...

You look absolutely beautiful!!!

Thank you for being so real and honest! I couldn't agree more with your statement "I think a lot of bloggers put on a certain persona that they want to portrait and I totally understand that..." I never want to read that someone is suffering but it's nice to see a real side to people. I'm SO sorry to read about the hardships that you are going through, specifically your fathers illness and your husbands job. God definitely has this all in His hands (evne though its SO hard to see it in hard times!) I will be praying for you and your family daily. You can count on that! :)

*Sorry for the super long comment! :)

Tatiana said...

Oh sweetie. You're beautiful! And I'm so sorry you're going through such a tough time. I love your positive attitude and how amazing your are! I know God will take care of you and yours.
Praying for you.

The Balch Bunch said...

LOVE the outfit!! Emersonmade of course is fab!!

Im so glad you have Christmas off!! WOO HOOOO!!!

Elisabeth said...

loved your guest post today on high heels to flip flops - i was in a rush when i read it so didn't have time to hope over to your blog but i've been looking around now and love it. your story is such an inspiration. i totally agree that when i'm active and healthy i feel so much better about myself :)

your newest follower,
elisabeth
http://lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com/

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

I love this post because we get to meet more of you...the real you...and that's totally okay! ;) I know many of the feelings you are experiencing. We have gone through some (and still are) rough patches of life, even job-wise, but we have found God to be faithful if we trust solely in Him. A few verses that have really spoken to me now and in the past: (all New Living Translation)

1 Peter 5:7: "Give all you worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you."

Psalm 51:15: "Trust me in your times of trouble and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory."

1 John 5:14: "And we can be confident that He will listen to us whenever we ask Him for anything in line with His will."

Philippians 4:19: "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."

And one of my faves...
Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do and He will direct your paths."

Praying for you, Hanna. Hope these lift you and give you strength and hope.

Lindsay said...

LOVE these posts. Thanks for linking up my friend :)

Jodi said...

love that white jacket! :)

McKenzie said...

I adore your top! I am a huge fan of button up shirts, especially plaid ones!

REBrown said...

You're so positive - I feel like there's no way I could ever have your outlook on things. Way to go!

Rachel said...

This is a serious and legit question - how do you afford those clothes you post on here? I love them, I love your blog, and I'd love to know how you do it.

Sundaro said...

"Promise me you'll always remember you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to POOH
God Bless you and your family.
Sending lots of "Air Hugs" your way♥
Praying for your circumstances to be taken care very soon. Give an extra measure of blessing on this family Lord♥

Char said...

My husband and I also sleep with 2 different blankets in the same bed :) Thought we were the only ones!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...