Ginger Bread Hugs

LETS GET FESTIVE!!!!! 

I L*O*V*E the holidays because it gives me even more reasons to bake until my little heart is content!!! 

I've already got a huge list of holiday baking ideas and this was one of them; Ginger Bread Cookies with a little Hershey hug snuggled in the middle. YUM! 

I found the original inspiration for this idea {here}
Ingredients:
3 cups flour

2 tsp. Ginger, Ground
1 tsp. Cinnamon, Ground
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg, Ground (I used fresh)
1/4 tap salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
24 Hershey's white chocolate "hugs"


Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.

Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add molasses, egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Immediately press about 5-6 white chocolate chips into center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.








Pin It

9 comments:

Little Mommy said...

Adorable! I love it! I can't wait to start baking either :)

Yummy Mummy said...

Okay, just the name one is enough to make me love these! Yay for the holidays! Gorgeous pics; love te leaves!

Steadfast Ahoy! said...

The recipe sounds delicious and the photos prove it!!!
Rosemary

Melissa said...

The cookies look so good, and the photos are awesome!

Nanny Anna said...

I just LOVE these! I am going to have to make these for our big Thanksgiving Family get together. Thank you so much for sharing!

~Anna

adventuresindinner said...

These look fantastic! Now to hide the chocolate until I make them :-)

stephanie said...

those cookies are beautiful! i'm sure you can make them even better!

Lindsay said...

These are adorable Hanna!

Carole Rae said...

Yummah! Another hit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...