Pessimist NO MORE!!! and a BIG new Goal!

 




{via}
 
About 5 years ago I trained for a marathon. I was 2 weeks from running the full 26 miles in Austin when I got a stress fracture in my foot after an 18 mile training run.
 
TOTAL DEVASTATION!
 
I Mean this was dooms day for me,  after months and months of vigorous training. I was so disappointed. I cried and cried! It hurt so bad emotionally I never picked it up again.

To run a full marathon has been a life long goal of mine and I KNOW I AM CAPABLE OF IT!!!
 
There are many attributes that I surely lack but sheer will power is not one of them.
 
So my friends I have decided that in 2012 I WILL run a full marathon!!!


 
Crazy? Probably!!! But that's how I like to live my life. I've got a pretty bad adrenaline streak and all you have to do is dare me, and I'm there!!!
 
And I will bring you right along with me, through the cold and tears and sweat and pain. It's going to be FANTASTIC!!!!!
One of my favorite joys in life is a GOOD CHALLENGE!!! The adrenalin rush you experience on the other side is earth shattering!!!! It's like your soul just opens up and accepts the world.
 
God plays a big part in this too. Running 26 miles is no small feat and the ability to work with God on such an intimate level to get you through each agonizing moment when your sure you can't take one more step is AMAZING! I had the pleasure to experience this when I trained previously. I can remember after my long 15, 16, 17 mile runs I would just CRY. Not because of the physical pain but becuase of the sheer will power it took to push myself that hard for that long. The mind and body are so amazing and when put together at their finest, you are literally unstoppable. I LOVE IT!

I've just started running this week and I can already 2 miles to my surprise but I have to tell you it feels so good to not be carrying around100 extra pounds of flapping rolls while trying to run!!! I feel FREE. LIKE I CAN FINALLY MOVE AGAIN!!!! YES!!!!
 
What this post is really about it the fact that I am delighting in the fact that my pecimistic attitude is gone for good. I am a true optimist now!!! I can't believe it, after 30 years of being the grinch, I finally have my time to shine!
 
To say "YES" and "LOVE" and "JOY" and "CAN" and "WILL"
 




 {via}
 
LIFE IS GOOD. GOD IS GOOD. 
 
Pin It

10 comments:

Mama bear said...

So proud of you! Keep up the amazing work and I can't wait to hear you ran a marathon! You go girl!

Yummy Mummy said...

Congratulations on setting this awesome goal! You can do it. I ran a half last Saturday and loved it. Maybe I'll do the full next year :)

Nanny Anna said...

Well Good for You! I can't wait to follow your progress :-)

Anna

cheeky rose said...

Wow an awesome goal. Here is wishing you loads of support and encouragement

Lost&Found said...

I just found your blog, and I am SO SO SO happy I did. You are amazing, a true inspiration! A similar thing happened to me a little over a year ago. I was training and ready for the big 26.2, and I got the WORST shin splints. I had to pull out of the race and I was devastated. I am currently training for a half, and then hopefully a full in 2012 too! You can do it! I can do it! Can't wait to read more of your blog.

-Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

songbyrd on the mountain said...

what an awesome goal you have set! I used to run... until I developed shin splints... and then when those healed I settled on power walking... until I developed plantar faciitis (sp)... and still struggle with that coming and going! But I would LOVE to get back into running. there is something so euphoric about it... makes you feel clean and powerful. Ah, girl, you might have started something.

stephanie said...

this is so awesome hanna! if anyone can do it its you!!!

Lindsay said...

I love you and love the change in your blog posts. I couldn't be more proud of you :)

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Aww how exciting!! Best of luck to you!!! xoxo

Melissa said...

This is such awesome news Hannah! =D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...