Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing with Lindsay Lee

I have started  a little interview process called   "Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing." I'm doing this because I love to get to know the "real" people behind their blogs. I think so many of us are afraid to tell the truth whatever it may be. We want others to like us. We want others to read our blog. We don't want to scare anyone away. 
 
Me included!! 
You can read my itnterview anytime {HERE}

For the first year I never really shared a lot of personal information because I didn't think people wanted to hear it.I posted my recipes and a few cute pics of the kids and that's it. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes, people still want all the fabulous recipes and cute photos but they want to know me. I have gotten the biggest responses from my "on my heart" posts. People want to know you, what makes you you the person you are. They want to know how you live your life. They don't want a bunch of  nonsense about how fancy your car is and perfect your life is. I think we all want to be able to relate to each other and NONE of us are perfect!!!
 
Today's Interview: Lindsay Lee
 
What's your greatest Weakness?
Caring to much what other people think. It weighs me down on a daily basis. Also, I bite my nails. I consider this a weakness. Or my worst habit. I've been doing it since I was 5 and I can't stop. I need an intervention



What's your greatest strength?
My ability to forgive





What has emotionally crippled you in your lifetime?
 My struggle with insecurity. You can see more of my story here.  



What has elated you with joy in your lifetime?
 The birth of my daughter. The best gift I've yet to receive. 






Have much have you evolved since your teenage years? Are you a similar person?
 Completely different. As a teenager I was painfully shy and not sure where I fit into this world. I've come a long ways and still have so far to go.




What's something you don't want to tell us about?
 All of my scars. Far to painful to reveal them all. 




When the world is crashing down on you, where do you go?
Most importantly, GOD. He is my greatest strength. Secondly, my parents or my best friend. They are my biggest support and have my back no matter the circumstance.  



Do you have any goals? What are they?
I want to continue to grow in my relationship with the Lord, and start putting myself first. Too often I sacrifice my own happiness to make others happy. I also hope to grow my little business. 



Can you honestly say you love what you do?
 Yes. I just wrote a post of it here. 




Who has been the single most influential person in your lifetime thus far?
My parents. They both have hearts of gold and love my sister and I unconditionally. They have taught me to have a forgiving heart and always give more than you receive.  





Honestly, we are all striving for something, what is your greatest goal in life? I'm not talking about money!
 To have made a difference in one persons life. I also have big dreams of traveling the world. 






Are there people in your past that you wish you could make amends with?
 Absolutely. I think God will lead me to reconciliation when the time is right. 




What memory will be forever burned in your mind to the point where you can smell the room and feel the energy?
 The day I lost a close friend in a car accident. {post found here} I will never forget the entire process. The slew of emotions I remember like it was yesterday




What movie and or book speaks to you? 
 The notebook. It sounds cheesy, but it's my reminder that true, passionate, crazy love exists. I watch that movie when I feel like giving up. 




What is your greatest wish right here and now?
That I can be happy with me. That I can realize I was created perfectly in his image and no matter what, I can cling to him alone.  

I just want to give a huge thank you to Lindsay for sharing her life with us today. Lndsay and I have been bloggy buddies for a long time now and I adore her. 
She is honestly one of hte most kind hearted bloggers i've ever "met".

Please go check out Lindsay's adorable, fabulous {BLOG}. She shares so much amazing inspiration and I consider her a dear friend!!!
Thank you Lindsay for openeing up to us today!!!!
 

You May read the entire series of "Brutal Truth" Interviews {HERE}

11 comments:

Joanna said...

Hanna, I really love this series. So fun!

ModaMama.blogspot.com

melanie said...

lovvveee your blog!!
-your newest follower

Anon*RN said...

Oh Hanna! I truly LOVE this series also!!!! I feel as if I've really "met" these lovely women you have featured and am so honored, impressed, and inspired by the strength of character I see here. YOU included!! <3

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

Thanks for sharing! Love Lindsay and her blog :)

Nicole Cook said...

Love this! I love getting to know people. You never know the truth behind a face. It's why not being judgemental is such an important thing to learn and to teach.

Xo. Nicole
madeoutofrealthings.blogspot.com

Ruby Jean said...

Hanna as you know I am still so VERY new to your blog.. So I have been enjoying coming over and so GLAD that I did.. This was a VERY sweet post and I am on my way over to say HI!!! to Lindsay... Thanks for sharing.. :)

Erin said...

The ability to forgive is such an admirable strength to have! I love her heart and her willingness to be honest with her readers :) We all have similar feelings and it is so refreshing to hear how others are going through the same situations and emotions.

Lindsay said...

Thanks for having me my sweet friend xoxo

Lori said...

great series, and i love lindsay :)

http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

This was such an amazing post!! I really love Lindsay and how honest an real she is. Great guest poster Hana

The Cantelmo Family said...

Oh I love this series! Linds, I love how honest you are!! Can't wait to read more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...