Guest Post. Meet Danielle From Happily Ever AFter

Classy Christmas Crafts on the Cheap”

Hi there!! I’m Danielle! It’s nice to meet ya.
This is my handsome hubby, Jonathan….
and we are visiting today from Happily Ever After!
We are newlyweds, new homeowners, and living on a schoolteacher & painter’s salary. We have lots of people to buy for each Christmas (I come from a huge family & we exchange with several of our friends) so that can REALLY add up & do some damage to our budget!! Thankfully Pinterest (let me know if you need an invite & I can send you one- but beware, the Pinterest world is quite addicting!) has totally inspired me to get creative this year and MAKE most of our gifts.
Big Jon set up a “crafting station” for us in the basement and he even helps me (but don’t tell him I told you that!) with our creations. {Don’t worry, I let him do the “manly stuff” like cutting wire and distressing paint.}  We have had lots of laughs making all these goodies together, and I think it makes it extra special that they our gifts have a homemade, personalized touch. It also definitely helps out on our newlywed budget!!
We have become regulars at all the local craft stores, and always use the 40% off coupons (they come out every week and they will accept them off your phone)& teacher discount.  I thought other people might benefit from some of the super cute, cheap ideas we’ve brought to life & want to get busy recreating them, so I’ve been itching to share!! I can’t on my own blog, though, because everyone we are giving these gifts to reads my blog! Ha!  Check out some of our gift ideas:
Earring Holders:
(old frames from GoodWill, chicken wire from Home Depot, burlap from JoAnn’s, spray paint from Hobby Lobby)
earring holders 001earring holders 002earring holders 003earring holders 004earring holders 005
Personalized Plates:
plain plates & plate stands from Wal-Mart, flower sticker & letters from Michael’s, dry erase marker from Dollar Store
Mart 008Mart 009
Personalized Ornaments:
clear ornaments, rhinestone stickers, scrapbook paper, beads/pearls, ribbon all from Hobby Lobby
Mart 010Mart 011Mart 012Mart 013
Family Collage:
8x10 frames from Wal-Mart, used a site called Wordle to create the collage (can choose words, colors, and fonts), and printed for free on our color printer!
We also made family calendars using Snapfish & Shutterfly that have tons of family photos and all important family dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.).  This is always SUCH a huge hit! I add fun family quotes and silly captions too.  This is more time consuming because I had to stalk pictures off everyone’s Facebook pages, but the sites are user friendly and the calendars turned out great!
Thanks for taking the time to read all about our Christmas crafting. Hope you found some fun ideas.
Feel free to swing by Happily Ever After some time and say hey!! And you can shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions @ rainey.danielle@yahoo.com!
MeRRy ChRiStMas!!!!


A BIG HUIGE thank you to Danielle today for sharing her CHristmas gifts on a budget!!!! I know we can all use the inspirtion this year!!!!!



Pin It

4 comments:

Taryn said...

WOW! All of those ideas are GREAT -- I think my favorite is the family collage. We're definitely doing Christmas on a budget this year ... so this post is perfect! Thanks so much for posting this!

REBrown said...

So crafty! All are such great ideas.

Lindsay said...

WHAT CUTE IDEAS! I need some crafty inspiration :)

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

Handmade is the best! Unless someone really wants socks. I'd rather buy them than attempt anything that MIGHT end up HOPEFULLY closely resembling socks. Did that even make sense? ;)

I think I'm going to be best friends with Wordle. Haven't heard of that one! Shocking! Haha. Thanks, Danielle. Love your craft ideas. I have some of those clear ornaments calling my name. Last year I used my Cricut to cut vinyl letters to monogram them.

P.S. A hubby who help = pure love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...