Meet The GORGEOUS Haley of Purusha People


I recently came across Haley and her gorgeous shop {purusha people}
I fell in love immediately and haven't stopped shopping yet. I'm going on my fourth garment now and I L*O*V*E. love. love.  every single piece.

 
I am a busy mom of 2 babies and honestly when I am home cooking and taking care of the kids I wear a lot of active wear; most of it is very boring and not very stylish so when I found Haley's {shop}I was thrilled. 


The colors are gorgeous and radiant, all hand dyed and the silk screening is perfectly done with lovely inspirational quotes. I just can't get enough. So I invited Haley to have a little interview with us here today so you all could meet her and I could share her stylish, comfy, handmade garments with you!! 


Take a peek at some of this gorgeous stuff.



MEET SHOP OWNER HALEY!!!!
Isn't she gorgeous?


1. Why did you decide to start Purusha People and how long have you been open?

 i decided to start purusha people because of my desire to create, and to share my creations with people in a way that is broad yet still very unique and individual. i've always known i wanted to run my own business, i just didn't know what i wanted that business to be! i've had a love affair with yoga off and on for the past 10 years, but only in the past 2 years have we really been 'in love'. hehe.

i didn't really love most yoga clothes i owned- either the looks i had were too boring and black, or too tie dyed and funky... so i wanted to create something in between- clothing that is timeless and age appropriate, yet still fashionable and youthful. i started purusha officially almost 3 years ago, when i opened my etsy shop in march 2009.

i taught myself how to screen print and dye clothing by hand. it helps that my mom is a painter (http://www.catherinemelliott.com/) and had given me lessons on color combining and mixing. after about 1 1/2 years on etsy i was able to quit my waitressing job (best day of my life!) and devote myself to purusha people full time. purusha has been evolving, growing, and becoming better ever since and i am beyond excited to see where it takes me!


2. Give us 5 words that best describe you.
quirky, silly, OCD, kind, curious.


3. What is your favorite food?
dark chocolate, homemade pizza, smoothies. (not together lol!)


4. Where so you see yourself 2 years from now? 
2 years from now i would love to be living in southern california with my mate patrick and my dog liam. i hope to live near my sister that's already out there, and have my parents move too! i'd like to have around 2-4 people working with me, helping with the sewing, dyeing, printing, and designing. i'd love for all purusha clothing to be made from organic cotton, hemp, and recycled fibers. i hope to be able to do a crow pose into a hand stand at this time too! i'd like to be living in a fantastic energy efficient solar powered house with land to grow fruits and veggies and have chickens! and mostly i just want to be healthy, happy, and still loving what i do!


5. What inspires you to make such beautiful garments?
the world and it's various cultures, nature, philosophy, evolution, and benevolence inspire me to create clothing. i truly hope to run a big business some day that is actually GOOD to the planet and its people. i am inspired by altruism and compassion for people that just haven't been as lucky as i have.

6. If you could accomplish one dream today what would it be?
if i could accomplish one dream today it would be to be satisfied with where i am, not wishing for something more, not regretting that today wasn't perfect. i'd like to feel content and at peace in my mind with everything as it is today, because i am so fortunate to be here surrounded by support, sweetness, and love.



Thank you Haley for your lovely interview and giving us the chance to get to know you a little better. You are an inspiration!!! Here I am  in one of my most recently purchased {purusha people} garments. 

LOVE IS FREE!!!! 

 
Pin It

2 comments:

Yummy Mummy said...

What a cute post! I'll go follow this lovely lady! Thanks for sharing. P.S. Hannah, I was just curious about your nursing job? Do you work in a hospital? What floor?

Lindsay said...

I ADORE this girl! She is so sweet and talented. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...