Puff Pastry Mascarpone Apple Christmas Trees



HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!!! 

Ohhhh the excitement is building around here big time. I finished my work week, have been running like a maniac and managed to do all the kids shopping and my husband's shopping late tonight. Then I came home and wrapped gifts for 2 hours. Phew!!!!!! 
Santa is getting a workout this year for sure but I can't wait to see my little one's eyes light up on Christmas morning when they see what Santa has done!!!! 

So my friends I will back with some family photos from our little Christmas celebration either Christmas night or the following day. 
I saw these Christmas tree puff pastries and had to make them.,They were a little labor intensive but crazy good. My hubby ate them all on one day:) 

Recipe for Apple Filling:
2 granny smith apples, peeled and cubed
3 pink lady apples, peeled and cubed
1 cup Chai concentrate
3/4 cup sugar
pinch salt 
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 cup of flour

Mix everything together in an oven save dish and bake for 45 minuets at 350 degrees stirring every 15 minuets. Apples should be tender. Remove and set aside.

Mascarpone Filling:
1 small container of mascarpone cheese 
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 cup powdered sugar 

Mix everything together with a spatula and your ready to fill. Set mascarpone cheese mix aside until ready to fill trees!!



I got the original idea for this recipe on {THIS} blog. Please go there for a detailed tutorial on hoe to make the actual Christmas Tree shape. Her's came up much neater than mine:) Find tutorial {HERE}.

Now fill Christmas trees first with a layer of the Mascarpone cheese and then about 1/4 cup of the apple filling, assemble, brush with butter and bake at 400 degrees for 12 minuets. Then brown the tops under the broiler. 


Wishing each and every one of you a blessed and beautiful holiday filled with love, laughter and light!!! 

So many blessings to all of you!!! 




Pin It

8 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my oh my...that looks good! :) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Lovely...and I'll be just as delicious.

Have a very merry Christmas!

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

You are so creative! I love these!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family. xo

Val said...

The love the flavors in this yummy treat...YUM. I wish you a Merry Christmas!!!

Sweetums said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Hanna !

mienkintoshfairie said...

Those look yummy and great. I might have to try those in another shape ^_^ Nice apple choice too

stephanie said...

haha i can't believe you got all your shopping and wrapping done that fast! go you! and those look delicious!!! merry christmas!

Lindsay said...

SO CUTE Hannah! You amaze me with your multi tasking. Merry Christmas my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...