Brutal Truth is a Beatiful Thing Interview Stephanie Nickle

I have started a little interview process called  "Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing."
I'm doing this because I love to get to know the "real" people behind their blogs. I think so many of us are afraid to tell the truth whatever it may be. We want others to like us. We want others to read our blog. We don't want to scare anyone away.

Me included!! 




You can read my itnterview anytime {HERE}  
 
For the first year I never really shared a lot of personal information because I didn't think people wanted to hear it.I posted my recipes and a few cute pics of the kids and that's it. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes, people still want all the fabulous recipes and cute photos but they want to know me. I have gotten the biggest responses from my "on my heart" posts. People want to know you, what makes you you, the person you are. They want to know how you live your life. They don't want a bunch of  nonsense about how fancy your car is and perfect your life is. I think we all want to be able to relate to each other and NONE of us are perfect!!!
 


Today's Interview: Stephanie Nickel


What's your greatest Weakness?
emotions. i tend to let my emotions get the best of me. 
{especially when that stinkin' sarah mclachlan aspca commercial comes on! 


anyone else ball their eyes out during that? just me? ok, awesome.} 
 What's your greatest strength?
compassion. sometimes i'm so overwhelmed by compassion for others it becomes like a heavy burden in my 

heart. but a burden that i love because it drives me to want to help others.  


What has emotionally crippled you in your lifetime?
insecurity. caring to much what others think of me when the truth is they probably are never thinking of me. typically people are concerned about themselves and what others are thinking of them! it's a viscous cycle. 

What has elated you with joy in your lifetime?
hands down the birth of my daughter.


 Have much have you evolved since your teenage years? Are you a similar person?
ha! thank you God that i've changed. i was pretty much a "mean girl" in high school and it's something i am so not proud of. i was rude, cliquey, and was really great at making people feel like crap. {all of this stemming out of my own insecurity!}

i am pleased to say that once high school was over i had a reality check and realized that this was no way to treat people. i couldn't be more polar opposite then the person i was in high school. 



What's something you don't want to tell us about?
i had two miscarriages before my daughter was born. 


When the world is crashing down on you, where do you go?
to my bible. prayer. church. being in God's presence is the only thing that makes 


me feel like everything is going to be ok. 

Do you have any goals? What are they?
we're being honest here right? i'm not the best "goals" person. my husband periodically wants to sit down and write out goals we have for our lives personally and spiritually and if i'm being transparent here it's not something i think about very often! ha! 

however there are a few goals that are just obvious to me.

1. pursue and fulfill God's plan for my life 
2. be a great wife
3. be a great mom




Can you honestly say you love what you do?
absolutely. i'm pretty much a stay at home mom. i work part-time for my church from home but i consider my main job being a mommy and even though there are days where i think i'm going partially insane i wouldn't trade it for the world. 





Who has been the single most influential person in your lifetime thus far?
oh gosh! one person!? i can't just say one. sorry! 
there's three people that are all in my #1 spot! 
mom, dad and my husband. 


 Honestly, we are all striving for something, what is your greatest goal in life? I'm not talking about money!
to step into what i believe God has called me to do in this life! right now my main focus is raising paisley but i know that i am and will be serving in a larger capacity in my church and the ministry. 


Name your most defining moment!!!
the day i became a mom. my whole life changed for the better. 


 Are there people in your past that you wish you could make amends with?
yes! did you hear what a pill i was in high school? i wish i could go back and treat everyone differently. i wish they knew me now. 

What memory will be forever burned in your mind to the point where you can smell the room and feel the energy?
there's a few memories like this for me.
1. my wedding day
2. the birth of paisley.
3. my grandfathers funeral last year. 


 What movie and or book speaks to you? 
the bible speaks loud and clear to me every day! 
and movie...twilight? hahahahaha j/k j/k j/k 


What is your greatest wish right here and now?
to be a vessel that God can use to help meet the needs of people all around me. that i would step out of my comfort zone and the desire to fulfill my own needs and be more concerned with the hurts and needs of others. 


A BIG......HUGE thank you to Stephanie from {love.life.babies}. Stephanie and I have become good blogger buddies and I adore her. 
She is gorgeous inside and out and cracks me up on a daily basis. Seriously L*O*V*E this girls blog!!! Please go show her some love. She deserves it. 

You May read the entire series of "Brutal Truth" Interviews {HERE}

19 comments:

Sarah said...

This is great! This is the first of this series I've seen - it is nice to get to know the bloggers behind the blogs!

Marion said...

Such a beautiful post and Stephanie seems like a real fun, sweet, down-to-earth woman. Great questions Hanna! We must have similar minds because I'm starting a blogger interview series and the focus is also trying to get a deeper look into the "real" person behind the blog! :-)
I can't wait to read your next one!
XO - Marion

stephanie said...

Hanna thank you so much for letting me be a part of this!! I love you girl!!! Xoxo

Steadfast Ahoy! said...

There didn't seem to be anything "brutal" there...she's lovely.
Rosemary

aPearantly sew said...

I love Stephanie and her blog so much. She is such a sweet, encouraging woman. Thanks so much for sharing more about yourself, Stephanie! :)

Elisabeth said...

love this post - what a great idea..andi LOVE her blog too :)

Erin said...

Stephanie is so beautiful and one of the sweetest ladies I know! :) I love her heard and passion for Christ!

Sundaro said...

GBU Stephanie♥ Thank you for letting us know more about your life, :-) May God's hand of blessing continue to more over you and your family♥

Shannon said...

Great interview. What a lovely person.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Bip and Bop said...

I love this post and love Stephanie. So glad I found your blog, Hanna!

Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

Such a fabulous interview!!! I love Stephanie and am definitely going to check out previous interviews!

Charlotte said...

What a beautiful, beautiful girl... inside and out. Love the pic of her with her hubs in the field of flowers. Going to check out her bloc now! Thanks for introducing me to her and have a great weekend.

Carlie said...

I love Stephanie's blog! I just started reading her blog a couple months ago so it was nice to read this to get to know her better!

Lindsay said...

SO glad to find her! She's adorable!

Stephanie Leann said...

I recently became blogging friends with Stephanie. Love her! And, now I learned about your blog - Hi Hanna :) Great series!

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

um, honestly could she be any cuter? i just adore her blog and her willingness to be so open. so beautiful!
thank you for sharing!
xo TJ

ginanorma said...

INcredible, so happy and honored to have read this interview to learn more about beautiful Stephanie, thank you for doing these!!!

Susan said...

She's stunning!
Found her blog recently...great read.

Lisa @ MMT said...

I love this idea of a Brutal Truth interview. So honest and beautiful. I also love Stephanie's blog! She is such a great person :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...