The Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing Interview with Christy

I have started a little interview process called  "Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing."
I'm doing this because I love to get to know the "real" people behind their blogs. I think so many of us are afraid to tell the truth whatever it may be. We want others to like us. We want others to read our blog. We don't want to scare anyone away.

                                                                   Me included!! 


You can read my itnterview anytime {HERE}
 
For the first year I never really shared a lot of personal information because I didn't think people wanted to hear it.I posted my recipes and a few cute pics of the kids and that's it. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes, people still want all the fabulous recipes and cute photos but they want to know me. I have gotten the biggest responses from my "on my heart" posts. People want to know you, what makes you you, the person you are. They want to know how you live your life. They don't want a bunch of  nonsense about how fancy your car is and perfect your life is. I think we all want to be able to relate to each other and NONE of us are perfect!!!

  Today's Interview: Christy Lee



What's your greatest Weakness?
I am incredibly impulsive. When I get a thought or a desire in my head I just run with it. Many times not thinking it all the way through. Luckily this doesn't apply to anything that would be considered life changing but it is a hindrance for me.






What's your greatest strength?

 A positive attitude. Things don't generally get me down and if 

they do I move on quickly. I see the good in people and in the 

world. I am a happy person.

What has emotionally crippled you in your lifetime?
Hmmm. My greatest blessing would be being adopted but it has left me with some intense abandonment issues. Those have been crippling for me. It has taken me a lot of time to realize where they steamed from and learn to cope with them. 




What has elated you with joy in your lifetime? 



Watching my children experience joy. Nothing makes my heart warmer then seeing their soft happy faces. Witnessing them discover something for the first time or seeing their eyes when they accomplish something on their own. It brings me more joy then words.

 Have much have you evolved since your teenage years? Are you a similar person? 


 I would say I am no where near the same person. I still have the same heart but I have grown so much. My goals and desires have completely changed as well as the things that I hold sacred to me.


What's something you don't want to tell us about? 


I have extreme anxiety. I take medication daily for it. I don't think people should be ashamed when they need help like that. A lot of people think you should just "deal" with things on your own and sometimes that just isn't enough. It is not something I can control or something that I am ashamed of. It simply is what it is.

 When the world is crashing down on you, where do you go?
To my husband. I tell him everything. He knows me better than 

anyone. My entire world can change and be better just by talking 

to him or being in his arms.






 



Do you have any goals? What are they?
 

First to raise confident and moral children. To have a strong 

family unit and marriage. One small goal or dream of mine would 

be to go to culinary school once my kids are all in school 

themselves.


Can you honestly say you love what you do?

I do! I am a mother and it is what I always knew was my purpose in this life. Nothing is better then being home with my children everyday and soaking in each moment with them.


  Who has been the single most influential person in your lifetime thus far? 

So many. First would be Jesus, he lived and died for me. He has blessed me with everything I have and enjoy in my life. Second my dad. He is the best man I know. He has loved me through so many challenges and has taught me so much. Really, I would not be where I am in life if it was not for him. He has taught me and been such a great example of unconditional love to me. Of course my husband is one. He has helped me create the life that we both have now with our family. He honestly is my best friend in the world. I could not live or breathe with out him. 


Honestly, we are all striving for something, what is your greatest goal in life? 


To live my life as my beliefs teach me. To treat others the way 

I would like to be treated. To have people know that my word

means something. To have a forgiving heart. I want to always 

strive to make myself a better person. 



What has been your most defining moment?
 The births of  my children. Feeling their spirits and knowing 

them instantly when I see them. Each time it has changed me and 

made me a softer, sweeter and more gentle person. I realized 

when I became a mother what was needed of me to raise these 

children. I strive for that and it has defined me and changed me 

as a person.


Are there people in your past that you wish you could make amends with? 

 Honestly? No
 What memory will be forever burned in your mind to the point where you can smell the room and feel the energy?
When I was young I walked across a freshly paved road. So fresh that the trucks were still rolling away. To this day when I smell tar it makes my stomach turn.

 What movie and or book speaks to you? 
 I like books that when you begin reading them you can't put 

them down. I loved The Twilight Series, The Hunger Games, The 

Host, books like that.


What is your greatest wish right here and now? 


To be able to continue to do the things I love. To stay home 

with my children and raise them. To have my blog and have 

success with it by reaching other women and learning through 

each other. Sharing our joy, our struggles and our mommy 

moments.

A H*U*G*E thank you to Christy for opening up and sharing her truth with us today!!!! Christy and I met in the blogosphere a month or so ago and have become fast friends. We have so much in common and she is truly a beautiful person.
Her family is gorgeous and she is so down to earth and relate able. I just love her and I know you will too. Please hop on her to her blog and say hi.

You May read the entire series of "Brutal Truth" Interviews {HERE}

15 comments:

Lorrie said...

Christy seems like such a beautiful person, inside and out!

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

What a beautiful family!

Lindsay said...

I adore Christy. SUCH a beautiful soul!

Lauren @ the BADD blog said...

To say Christy is amazing is a HUGE understatement. To know her is definitely to love her!

Melissa at Tall Blonde said...

Love this! What an amazing woman Christy is!

Kristine Foley @ TheFoleyFam said...

Love Christy and her heart!! Such a great interview!! Love your series too!! SO wonderful to get to know and meet such talented "real" women! :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Susan said...

Great interview! (again!)

Melissa said...

Great interview!
and she has such a pretty blog!

F.L.A.G - Fundamental Learning Academy for Girls said...

Newest follower through Susan avagracescloset.com , hope you follow us back.. www.flagphil.blogspot.com ..xo

stephanie said...

love this! what a beautiful family she has!

oh and i just LOVE you too ; )

adventuresindinner said...

What a gorgeous post :-)

Miss Angie said...

Gorgeous post, and what a beautiful girl! She's lovely. :)

Bailey@Lost&Found said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Such a lovely series. I agree- i think it is important for readers to know who you really are. Can't wait to head over to Christy's blog!

How does one participate in the "brutal truth" interviews?

Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

JK said...

I love Christy! I love this series!

Carole Rae said...

Wow. I'll have to check out the rest of the "brutal truth" interviews. Was I living under a rock when you started this. hahaha. Great idea and great interview. Thank you Christy for being so honest and open.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...