Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing Interview with Jane Caske

 I have started a little interview process called  "Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing."

I'm doing this because I love to get to know the "real" people behind their blogs. I think so many of us are afraid to tell the truth whatever it may be. We want others to like us. We want others to read our blog. We don't want to scare anyone away.

                                                                   Me included!! 


You can read my itnterview anytime {HERE}
 
For the first year I never really shared a lot of personal information because I didn't think people wanted to hear it.I posted my recipes and a few cute pics of the kids and that's it. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes, people still want all the fabulous recipes and cute photos but they want to know me. I have gotten the biggest responses from my "on my heart" posts. People want to know you, what makes you you, the person you are. They want to know how you live your life. They don't want a bunch of  nonsense about how fancy your car is and perfect your life is. I think we all want to be able to relate to each other and NONE of us are perfect!!!

  Today's Interview: Jane Caske





 
What's your greatest Weakness?


I'm very Type A.  Which means that my greatest weakness is worrying about perfection.  I worry all the time.  I worry about huge things (the environment, jobs, money...), medium things (did I play with my child enough today, was I nice enough to people, do they like me...) and little things (is my house clean enough, is that a cute outfit...).  I usually like to worry at night, like when I'm supposed to be sleeping. 
 
What's your greatest strength?
 When I love someone, I love them with all of me.  I will go to the ends of the earth for you.
What has emotionally crippled you in your lifetime?
 I would say that being so type A has been my achiles heal.  Type A is a need to be not only be perfect (perfect student, artist, daughter, girlfriend...) but in my case make everyone happy around me, at all costs.  It led me to strugging with an eating disorder through my teens and twenties which eventually had me hospitalised and put my fertility in jeopardy.  Everything came to a head in my late twenties when I was living in my abusive, first marriage.  I had a miscarriage and the night I was in the hospital decided that enough was enough and I would now be in control of my life.  I moved back to Canada, got counselling for the eating disorder, got a divorce and decided who I wanted to be.  I was even able to whether my own parent's divorce without a relapse.

What has elated you with joy in your lifetime?
 Once I liked myself, I found my husband.  My other half.  Since we were told we couldn't have children, we made peace with it and built a happy life.  Almost 10 years later we got the surprise of our lives by being told we were expecting.  Just  four weeks shy of my 40th. birthday I gave birth to the light of my life.  My little girl.  Two years on the sun rises and sets on her :-)


Have much have you evolved since your teenage years? Are you a similar person?
 I think that I have the same core values I had as a teenager but I have learned to make my family and myself happy before others.

What's something you don't want to tell us about?
 Gack!  I'm pretty open.  I guess it would have to be my credit card balance.  It is high, like really high but I've got a handle on it now and am edging it down.


When the world is crashing down on you, where do you go?
 Well, as my credit card balance will attest, I used to go shopping.  Now when I am really upset I tend to write, a lot.


Do you have any goals? What are they?
 I would really like to continue to grow my blog.  I never thought that would be so much fun.  I want to be totally debt free within the next year.  I want to become better at 'letting go'.  I'm Irish, Scottish and Mohawk-my people know how to hold a grudge.


Can you honestly say you love what you do?
 I honestly do.  I'm a grade eight, English teacher and LOVE my job. There is certainly never a second to be bored. 


Who has been the single most influential person in your lifetime thus far?
My daughter has completely changed my life.  I know it is trite but I never realised my capacity to love until she came along.


Honestly, we are all striving for something, what is your greatest goal in life? I'm not talking about money!
My greatest goal is raising a happy, healthy, strong woman.  Whatever she does is fine with me as long as she is herself and happy.
Name your most defining moment!!!
I would have to say it was that night in the hospital after my miscarriage.



Are there people in your past that you wish you could make amends with?
 I wish that I could have a better relationship with my sister.  We love each other but we don't like each other right now.  We're sharing care of my Mother who has Alzheimer's and it is not easy.  We speak right now only when we have to.


What memory will be forever burned in your mind to the point where you can smell the room and feel the energy?
 I remember being just about ready to walk down the aisle of my first wedding.  The feel of the dress, the candles, my Dad's arm and...the little voice in my head saying "don't go through with this".  I did and I really shouldn't have but there isn't much room in life for regret.  I'm so happy in the place I am now that I wouldn't change the path I took to get there.
But boy!  When that little voice talks now I really listen.


What movie and or book speaks to you? 
 I read like a fiend and have since I was four.  I'll read anything but have a softspot in my heart for sci-fi and mysteries.  I can't really narrow it down more since even with my (almost) two year old I still read 3-4 books a week.  I LOVE a whole bunch of movies. They usually show-up on my blog as inspiration for food.  Right now I'm working on an idea for a "Gosford Park" inspired party.


What is your greatest wish right here and now? 
My greatest wish is to (anyone else have "Miss Congeniality" in their heads saying 'World Peace'?) raise a good human being.




 
Jane had become a lovely friend of mine over the past few months and I would like to thank her so much for sharing her truth with is today!!!! 
Jane cooks and shares some amazing recipes over on her blog. Please hop on over and say hi. 
Find her blog {HERE} 

You May read the entire series of "Brutal Truth" Interviews {HERE}
 
Pin It

8 comments:

adventuresindinner said...

Hannah! Thanks so much for the cathartic experience you have offered. I really appreciate it. :-)

Lorrie said...

Once again, you have introduced us to a beautiful person! I am so happy for Jane and the happiness she has found in her life!

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

What a wonderful series. Thank you for sharing! I chose truth as my "word" for 2012 after reading the quote "Always speak the truth even if your voice shakes". I will always speak the truth, ESPECIALLY when my voice shakes.

Thanks again.

Susan said...

Another {fabulous} Canadian! Yay!
Great interview.

adventuresindinner said...

Ok, must not read these comments at work :-)

stephanie said...

love this! she seems like a very stong, passionate women! love reading these hanna!

Carole Rae said...

Thanks for being so honest and sharing with us! It takes a lot of courage to be honest and open. My mom was told she couldn't have kids, because when she got hit by a car it messed up her reprodutive system, but 10 years into her second marriage I was born. =D So I must say 'hi' to my fellow miracle baby!

Carole Rae said...

Thanks for being so honest and sharing with us! It takes a lot of courage to be honest and open. My mom was told she couldn't have kids, because when she got hit by a car it messed up her reprodutive system, but 10 years into her second marriage I was born. =D So I must say 'hi' to my fellow miracle baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...