Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing Interview with Susan Liberatore

I have started a little interview process called  "Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing."
I'm doing this because I love to get to know the "real" people behind their blogs. I think so many of us are afraid to tell the truth whatever it may be. We want others to like us. We want others to read our blog. We don't want to scare anyone away.

Me included!! 

You can read my itnterview anytime {HERE}  
 
For the first year I never really shared a lot of personal information because I didn't think people wanted to hear it.I posted my recipes and a few cute pics of the kids and that's it. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes, people still want all the fabulous recipes and cute photos but they want to know me. I have gotten the biggest responses from my "on my heart" posts. People want to know you, what makes you you, the person you are. They want to know how you live your life. They don't want a bunch of  nonsense about how fancy your car is and perfect your life is. I think we all want to be able to relate to each other and NONE of us are perfect!!!
 
Today's Interview: Susan Liberatore
 


What's your greatest Weakness?

Trusting too easy.

Putting faith in people I shouldn’t.
What's your greatest strength?

Making things pretty whether it be wrapping a gift or

decorating for a party. It’s all in the
details!

What has emotionally crippled you in your lifetime?

Struggles with anxiety. I don’t do so well with severe traffic, elevators

or flying. Anything that makes me feel a loss of
control really.

What has elated you with joy in your lifetime?

Simple moments with my kids. Silly things they say or do. I hope I never

forget.
How much have you evolved since your teenage years?
Are you a similar person?

Not at all! I’m

completely different. I thought I knew everything and that my mother knew
nothing. (don’t all teenagers feelthat way?) I gave her
such a hard time. Today, I realize how right she was about so many things. I
am softer. More sensitive to how

she and others feel.


What's something you don't want to tell us about?

A past abusive

relationship. Definitely something that changes who you are.

When the world is crashing down on you, where do you go?

Home. I love to be

home. And the older I get, the more I like it.
Do you have any goals? What are they?

I’m embarking on a new

journey right now…the one that lead me to being a stay-at-home mama after
working in the

corporate world for

just shy of 21 years. Definitely a HUGE change and one that I hope to get
better at. I still need to
find my groove.

Can you honestly say you love what you do?

I’ll answer this

question based on where I was at when I was working outside the home. My answer
would definitely

have been no.

Sometimes in life you get thrown into something that is completely different
than what you envisioned

for yourself. I ended

up in a great position with a great organization but…was it my lifelong
dream? My passion?
Absolutely not.
Who has been the single most influential person in
your lifetime thus far?

I would have to say my older brother, Brian. There is a significant age

difference between us and as such, he was left

to look after me and guide me often as a young girl, and later as

a young adult. He taught me so many things, from

how not to be afraid to public speak, {grade 4 speeches} to how to wrap

gifts {sadly, true} and what good music was {Elton J

John and more Elton John}. He is somewhere reading this right now. And

smiling.

And for my part, I still know almost every.single.word on the Captain

Fantastic and the Brown Dirt cowboy album.
Honestly, we are all striving for something, what is
your greatest goal in life? I'm not talking about money!

My greatest goal in

life is to raise confident, caring, sensitive, hard-working children. I have
three. This is no easy feat!

Name

your most defining moment!!!

Definitely my decision to leave my job.

It was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. 


And I did it for them.

to leave my {cushy} corporate job to stay home. I wrote about it here. It
was absolutely the single most unselfish thing I
Are there people in your past that you wish you could
make amends with?

Absolutely. As a

matter of fact, I am in the midst of making amends with a dear friend with
whom I hadn’t spoken in over

two years. It is the

best feeling in the world to forgive and move on. Life is too short!

What memory will be forever burned in your mind to the
point where you can smell the room and feel the energy?

This one is easy. The

birth of each of my babies. I remember the warmth of the room. The lighting.
How my body felt.
Everything.


What movie and or book speaks to you? 

Most recently, Sarah’s

Key. I have read the book but have yet to see the movie. I have a slight
obsession with that

particular historical

period. I just recently finished the Journal of Helene Berr. Also chilling.
And ridiculously sad.


What is your greatest wish right here and now? 

For the happiness and
health of my family. (and a beach vacation!!!!)








THANK YOU. THANK YOU. Susan for sharing your truth and your beautiful family with us today!!!! Susan and I 
Have become good blogger buddies and I am so glad we have becasue I adore her and her blog. I know you will too!!!! 

You May read the entire series of "Brutal Truth" Interviews {HERE}


16 comments:

Rachel Joy said...

great interview Susan! Also loved the photos, you kind of resembled Drew Barrymore in your graduation pic with your brother =)

Susan said...

Thanks for having me today Hanna! xo

marie said...

I love the honesty of these posts/interviews. There is always something to be learned from these strong women.

Have a wonderful weekend Hanna.

JON ERIC said...

honest, candid and brutal indeed ! women really needs to stick together and inspire rather than attack.. stopping by from F.L.A.G , great interview Hanna.

JON ERIC said...

sorry, Jon Eric is my hubby (shared email) my blog is www.flagphil.blogspot.com - Monica

Amber said...

I truly enjoyed reading her honest responses.

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

I love Susan and her blog. So happy to learn more about this beauty here.

Christy said...

Leaving the corporate world for her children..what a hard but neat decision. I might have to click over and read her post on it.

(I'm almost done with mine btw.)

Have a lovely weekend!

Tatiana said...

She and her family are so beautiful! Love her honest answers.

dina vanessa mercado said...

great blog!!! following you now...

visit my blog...

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

kisses!!!

dina vanessa mercado said...

great blog!!! following you now...

visit my blog...

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

kisses!!!

dina vanessa mercado said...

great blog!!! following you now...

visit my blog...

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

kisses!!!

dina vanessa mercado said...

great blog!!! following you now...

visit my blog...

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

kisses!!!

dina vanessa mercado said...

great blog!!! following you now...

visit my blog...

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

kisses!!!

High Heeled Life said...

Hi there visiting via Ava Grace's Closet ... beautiful post! wonderful questions and it's always wonderful to learn a little more about the friends we make in BlogLand! xo HHL

Barbara said...

great interview Susan! You are beautiful inside and out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...