Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing Interview with Jessica Ireland

I have started a little interview process called  "Brutal Truth is a Beautiful Thing."



I'm doing this because I love to get to know the "real" people behind their blogs. I think so many of us are afraid to tell the truth whatever it may be. We want others to like us. We want others to read our blog. We don't want to scare anyone away.

Me included!! 

You can read my itnterview anytime {HERE}  
 
For the first year I never really shared a lot of personal information because I didn't think people wanted to hear it.I posted my recipes and a few cute pics of the kids and that's it. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes, people still want all the fabulous recipes and cute photos but they want to know me. I have gotten the biggest responses from my "on my heart" posts. People want to know you, what makes you you, the person you are. They want to know how you live your life. They don't want a bunch of  nonsense about how fancy your car is and perfect your life is. I think we all want to be able to relate to each other and NONE of us are perfect!!!

 





Today's Interview: Jessica Ireland





What's your greatest Weakness?
 I think my greatest weakness is not believing in myself enough to go after what I want. However, I can say that that's changing.








 
What's your greatest strength?
 I think my greatest strength is my passion for the things I care about. I get very emotionally involved in issues and people that are important to me. I used to try and curb that, but now I think it's a positive thing and I'm learning to channel those feelings into good things that can change the world.







What has emotionally crippled you in your lifetime?
 My dad's absence from my life and death several years ago. It was left to me to handle everything after he died. It was not easy.


What has elated you with joy in your lifetime?
 Meeting John.  That one's easy :) Actually, I knew him when I was a teenager and we got reacquainted about a year ago. But our relationship has been the most life-changing part of my life. Here we are 10 years ago... though we were always just friends, I think you can see from this picture that what is between us was always there in some form. This hangs above our bed now.







  Have much have you evolved since your teenage years? Are you a similar person?I'd say I'm similar but yes, I've definitely evolved. I hope! Straight out of high school I moved to an ashram and then to India for a time. That was an extension of things I have always been interested in and definitely shaped who I am today.








   "People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonance within our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive. That’s what it’s all finally about."
Joseph Campbell






What's something you don't want to tell us about?
 My dad's death.






When the world is crashing down on you, where do you go?
 To John. Unfortunately, I have not always had someone who creates a safe space for me. But he does. Every day.








Do you have any goals? What are they?
 Yes! Lots! I really want to find a career that let's me do something creative. I want to travel a lot with John. And we want to get married by the end of the year.








Can you honestly say you love what you do?
 I have been a preschool teacher for many years and I absolutely loved it. However, I am in the middle of changing gears and as I said, looking for something in the creative/design field. I will keep you posted :)






Who has been the single most influential person in your lifetime thus far?





 Again, I'd have to say John. I could gush on and on about him,  but sometimes someone else says it better than me...
 
“If I know what love is, it is because of you.”



 








Honestly, we are all striving for something, what is your greatest goal in life? I'm not talking about money!
 My greatest goal is to keep finding ways to be more selfless. I want to learn how to get out of my own way and try and put other people before myself.

Name your most defining moment!!!





The moment I realized that I could be alone. Of course that was when I got reacquainted with John.
 






Are there people in your past that you wish you could make amends with?
No.
 
What memory will be forever burned in your mind to the point where you can smell the room and feel the energy?
The moment John picked me up at the airport! We had not seen each other in 10 years but had fallen in love over the phone... I was so nervous, I can't even describe it. He picked me up with pink tulips and the sweetest smile... The rest is history.
 








  
 
What movie and/or book speaks to you? 
Oh, so many! I love to read so it's hard to choose, but I'll name a few: Of Love and Other Demons by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion, and the Corrections by Jonathan Franzen. Movies, I'd have to say Lost in Translation and Food Inc

.
"You have to pick the places you don't walk away from." Joan Didion.

 
What is your greatest wish right here and now? 
To keep learning what love is. To have my relationship be my spiritual practice in that I continue to diminish my own ego, wants, desires and learn how good it feels to give into love without reservation. I am lucky enough to have someone who helps me do that and wants the same things.
 
 
This "Brutal Truth Interview was very special to me because Jessica is a real life friend. And not just any real life friend, a friend of 15+ years.
 
We met when we were just wee little trouble makers and have continued our friendship on and off throughout the years. It is in fact Jessica who turned me on to blogging. So Thank you my friend.
 
Obviously she is head over heels in love and I couldn't be happier for her. She deserves it more than you know.
 
THANK YOU JESSICA for sharing your truth with us today. I love you girl!!!!
 
Please hop on over to Jessica's {BLOG} where you will find all kind of gorgeousness!!!! Jessica has an amazing sense of style and a keen eye for design. If I were rich I'd hire her to decorate my house!
Seriously, the girl's got talent!!!
 


 
I also Have a tiny favor to ask of you!!!! I have entered my Champagne High Hat Cupcakes into a cupcake competition. My family and I have the chance to win a vacation or evena little money. We could really use abreak right now.......I would GREATLY appreciate your vote!!! You can vote daily!!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Love you all!!!!

 

 
Pin It



11 comments:

Chantel said...

Awesome idea--loved this.

adventuresindinner said...

So lovely, "We fell in love over the phone". sigh.

Lindsay said...

What a great interview! I LOVE this series Hanna!

marie said...

What a great love story! I love when people unabashedly share their love with the world. Some may knock it but it's only because they want it. Another inspiring post.

Tatiana said...

Their love story sounds so beautiful. I love the love they have for each other. Such a cute couple :-)

Amber said...

I do really love these interviews you do. Its so nice to really learn about the people behind these blogs.

MoxieJane said...

I loved reading this. LOVE is Beautiful. And the joys and shadows in life resonate. Thank you both for what you did here!

Susan said...

Another great interview Hanna!
I will definitely vote. right.now.

Susan said...

Another great interview Hanna!
I will definitely vote. right.now.

stephanie said...

she seems like SUCH a lovely person!!!

Carole Rae said...

Thanks so much for sharing and being so open with us! You seem like such a wonderful people.

Honesty, Hana...how do you find all these wonderful people? lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...