I have been so busy working overtime and training for my marathon I have barley had the chance to jump into the kitchen. I made a little time yesterday!
I made delicious chocolate mousse cups with moist chocolate cake bottoms.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Recipe will make 4 large ramekins
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chops or chopped chocolate
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup boiling water
3/4 cup cake flour
1.2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 stick unsalted butter at room temp
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter milk or coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Recipe for cake:
1.preheat over to 325.
2.coat 8X8 pan with cooking spray.
3. put chocolate and cocoa in a medium bowl and add boiling water, whisk until smooth
4.IN a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt, wick
5. beat butter and sugar until fluffy, add eggs and beat, add vanilla and beat
6. now add the chocolate and flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat well.
Bake for about 30 min at 325 or until knife comes out clean.
Ingredients for Mousse:
1 cup semi sweet semi sweet chocolate
7 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large eggs, separated
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Recipe for Chocolate Mousse:
1.melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between, set aside once smooth
2. whip egg whites for 3 minuets, add sugar and whip 3 more minuets or until stiff peaks.
3. in another bowl whip heavy cream, set aside
4. in yet another bowl whisk vanilla and egg yolks
5. now fold everything together gently and carefully with a runner spatula.
6. Place in a large (gallon size) zip lock bag, cut a medium size hole in the corner when ready to pipe.
7. Once the cake is cool enough to handle you may take it with your hands and smash it into the bottom of the large ramekins. It should be about 1 cup of cake. Then simply pipe the mousse on top and garnish with a strawberry!