Double Chocolate Mousse

I have been so busy working overtime and training for my marathon I have barley had the chance to jump into the kitchen. I made a little time yesterday! 
I made delicious chocolate mousse cups with moist chocolate cake bottoms.
DELICIOUS

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE 
Recipe will make 4 large ramekins

Ingredients Cake: 
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chops or chopped chocolate
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup boiling water
3/4 cup cake flour
1.2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 stick unsalted butter at room temp
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter milk or coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

 Recipe for cake:
1.preheat over to 325. 
2.coat 8X8 pan with cooking spray. 
3. put chocolate and cocoa in a medium bowl and add boiling water, whisk until smooth
4.IN a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt, wick
5. beat butter and sugar until fluffy, add eggs and beat, add vanilla and beat
6. now add the chocolate and flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat well. 
Bake for about 30 min at 325 or until knife comes out clean.

Ingredients for Mousse:
1 cup semi sweet semi sweet chocolate 
7 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large eggs, separated
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt

Recipe for Chocolate Mousse:
1.melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between, set aside once smooth
2. whip egg whites for 3 minuets, add sugar and whip 3 more minuets or until stiff peaks.
3. in another bowl whip heavy cream, set aside
4. in yet another bowl whisk vanilla and egg yolks
5. now fold everything together gently and carefully with a runner spatula. 
6. Place in a large (gallon size) zip lock bag, cut a medium size hole in the corner when ready to pipe.

7. Once the cake is cool enough to handle you may take it with your hands and smash it into the bottom of the large ramekins. It should be about 1 cup of cake. Then simply pipe the mousse on top and garnish with a strawberry! 

VOILA! 









Pin It

18 comments:

Lorrie said...

That looks delicious! You're presentation is great! Wish I live closer so that I could buy some of your wonderful food. You would be an amazing caterer.

Kate said...

That looks amazing.

C.LEE said...

Are you kidding me?!!! I would be at your house EVERYDAY! Those look AH-MAZING! How in the world do you stay so skinny with such deliciousness always around you! Your family is very lucky to have such a great chef living with them and caring for their tummies! :)

Daisy said...

ohhh yummy! That looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} said...

oh my gosh. this sounds so good!!! great recipe.

stephanie said...

i wish you were my neighbor. wait no i don't cause i'd be giving into temptation like EVERY DAY! you are amazing.

Wegan said...

OMG yuuummmm you're killing me.

M x

Ruby Jean said...

Hannah if you EVER need a NON family Member Taste Tester Be sure to give me a call... Especially when your making SWEETS!!!! :)

Paula said...

yum! this looks amazing, thanks for sharing and have a great week :)

Val said...

I'm officially in HEAVEN!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh! YUM! These are so cute!

Jennifer Schell said...

Love the little cake surprise on the bottom!

Christy said...

Yummy! I don't know if mine would turn out as pretty, but they look good!

Marion said...

Hanna! You did it again...you made me super hungry just by looking at your photos!
Those look amazing and I am seriously impressed. I am guessing they taste just as good as they look!

XO - Marion
PS - Hope your 2012 is off to a fabulous start friend!

Marshall said...

wow, wow, wow. I love chocolate more than I know how to say! This looks incredible. Love your blog too; new follower! :)

Emma's Lunch said...

This recipe looks delicious! I have to try it myself!

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

These look gorgeous Hanna and oh so delicious! Chocolate and strawberries has to be my favorite combination! :)

Susan said...

These look amazing Hanna!
Now. How am I supposed to cut my sugar intake this new year when you keep posting such fabulous dessert recipes?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...