Chicken Tikka Masala

Indian Food Lovers........This Post's For You!!! 

I swear to you this is the absolute BEST Chicken Tikka Masala recipe I have EVER tasted. Better than ANY restaurant., I swear. 

If you have interest or taste for Indian food please make this. You will be craving it for the rest of your life. My husband begs for it!!!! 
Seriously! 



Ingredients

  • 1 large container of plain yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
  • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
  • 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
  • 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces

  •  
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoons salt, or to taste
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and 4 teaspoons salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour to 24 hours.
  2. Drain chicken in a colander prior to cooking got get rid of all excess yogurt then Heat a large skillet to medium high and cook the chicken pieces for about 15 minuets stirring every few minuets. They should be just tender. Set Aside, you can finish cooking the chicken for a few minuets once you have the sauce prepared.
  3. Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 3 teaspoons salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.Serve with jasmine rice and peas.




Pin It

15 comments:

Katie said...

I'm making this asap!!! Seriously love chicken tikka masala... and I've been thinking we should have some Indian food soon :)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Looks and sounds SO amazing!! Your pictures always have me practically drooling!

Val said...

I'll be right over!!!!

Lindsay said...

Im not a huge fan of indian but this looks delicious!

Unknown said...

When you say a large container of yogurt, what size are you referring to? Looks amazing!!!

Ana Rita said...

Is so my kind of food!!!Deliciousssss...

Kisses,
Rita

SueAnn said...

Thanks for the recipe. I love food from India!!! I will definitely try this one.
Hugs
SueAnn

Barbara said...

My husband loves Indian Food! I will definitely have to make this for him!

Susan said...

Indian food is a challenge to make...so many ingredients. Wow. You are amazing. This looks great.

You must go back to your guest post and see all the lovely comments folks have left you.

{Adventuresindinner} said...

Alrighty, I think that this will mail quite well. I will wait at my mailbox with my fork :0)

Amber said...

I am actually about to do my grocery list now so I think these ingredients will be making their way on to it

Stop by and enter my Vedette giveaway!

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

Hubby loves Indian food and I just never cook it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carole Rae said...

I've had something like this before. Yummmah. I do like Indian food...it isn't my favorite "genre" of food though, but it is still good. ^.^ I'll have to try this recipe out. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel @ My Happily Ever After said...

annnnnnnnnd pinning now :)

Julia Mangan said...

What size is a large container of plain yogurt?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...