Creole Shrimp and Corn Pot Pies

I have been quiet inspired by my trip back to New Orleans lately and cannot wait to taste all the Delicious food I have waiting for me around very single corner. 

If you have all never been there I HIGHLY recommend a visit. You will not be disappointed, I promise. 
So this is a little dish I like to to whip up when I 'm in the NOLA state of mind! 

Ingredients:
Double order of pie crust. Store bought or I use {THIS RECIPE}
1 pound shrimp peeled and cleaned
1 red bell pepper diced
The corn from 3 fresh corn Cobb's
4 toes of garlic minced
4 stalks of celery, finely diced
2 tablespoons Tony Chachere's
2 cups cream
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter

Recipe
1. In a frying pan saute garlic, celery, and bell pepper until tender, about 10 minuets. Now add in corn for a few minuets longer, Salt and pepper to taste.Remove from heat and stir in raw shrimp. Set aside.
2. Next in a saucepan melt butter over medium heat and add flour. Once combined whisk in cream until a little thick and add The Tony Chachere;s spice. Set aside.
3, Now divide your double order of pie crust in 2. Now take each order and divide evenly into 6 little balls. Roll each one out and place into the little tin pie containers. Now fill the pies with the corn and shrimp mixture and top with the cream sauce. Now roll out the addition 6 little dough balls and top the pies. Pinch the crust shut and brush with egg wash or freeze. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minuets.



Pin It

7 comments:

The Lee Family Happenings said...

Those are gorgeous! You have a talent for food photography and recipes!

Thanks for sharing :)

stephanie said...

i've always want to go to new orleans! this recipe looks just amazing. xo

Ana Rita said...

UUUUU...those look so tasty and good!!

Wonderfull!

Kisses,
Rita

Susan said...

They look awesome! You have a way with pastry dough. Seriously.

marie said...

You just 'whip it up' huh? I am so impressed, it looks fantastic!

beti said...

it looks so creamy, crispy and delicious, what an interesting twist to pot pies

Lindsay said...

I could SO use one of these right now! YUM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...