Freedom


Running...........is FREEDOM.

It has become MY FREEDOM!




 
Freedom from everyday life. Freedom from my problems. Freedom from stress.
 
It has become one of the biggest blessings in my life!


 It the greatest discipline in my  life. Everyday, it takes persistance, time, endurance, commitment.
 
   I push through pain, wind, cold, exhaustion on a daily basis and mentally I am becoming a warrior.
An even stronger warrior than I already was.
 
Just like becoming a mother adds another layer to your being, so does running and it makes you a very dynamic person. It is something to be very proud of. It takes an incredible abount of work and perseverance.
 
 
When I first started running for the first three weeks I literally  thought I might keel over and die. EVERYDAY!
 
So no I was not some "natural" runner. I don't think such a thing exists. Running is a very difficult sport and you must train to be good at it.
 
Then, slowly it got easier and it started to become enjoyable.
 
I started to become proud of my self. I would feel great if I could run just a little faster or a little longer than I had the day before.
 
When I started out I ran 12 minuet miles. I am now running Under 10 minuet miles, usually 8.52 -9.3
 
I have been running 15-30 miles a week for about 5 months now. I have seen DRAMATIC changes in my body......not weight wise, just visual wise.

 
Running makes me feel like an incredibly strong woman. I feel like I can do any ting when I run. I know when I finish my full marathon regardless of my time, my life will be forever changed.
 
It already is.

 
I'm fairly sure at this point I will never go back. I am a Runner for life. It consumes me. It's all I can  think about. I can't stop reading books about it, researching gear,  and meeting other runners. I love it.
 
When I run my mind goes into some state of zen. I think about a huge gamut of topics in the hours I run. Really,  I think about everything and nothing and nothing at the same time, it's more like a beautiful meditation. Fleeting thoughts come and go but nothing lingers, nothing bothers me. By the time I get home,
 
 It doesn't matter what kind of mood I was in before I left because when I return I am glowing..........serene, content!
 
My self esteem has improved 10 fold . Forget loosing 110 pounds......TO know I can run 15 miles with no problem makes me feel like a warrior, like I can do anything, I can overcome anything and I know I can! I have a feeling once I finish my first marathon this feeling with become greater and greater, almost as if I am unstoppable.
 



I never feel lonely when I run. I love the feeling of being all alone; my feet striking the pavement. I can hear my breath and feel my heart beat. I can tell weather I am running a nine or ten minuet mile just by my breathing pattern. It's amazing!!! 

Everything about running makes me feel amazing!! I truly hope I never stop! I hope to be a marathon runner for life. 
 
My 1/2 Marathon is in less than a week and I am PUMPED!!! I can't wait to see how much fun this is and how my time comes out!!!!
 
When I get home I am going to dive head first into FULL marathon training!!! I can't wait! I am on my way to fulfilling a life long dream. I'm shooting for a Marathon on May 5th. So I better get crackin'; doesn't give me much time!!! 
 
Please friends if you have a goal, no matter how big, please go for it!!!!!! It will become a reality if you make it. 
 

WHEN I RUN I AM FREE!!!!!
 
So I will be absent for a week starting at the end of this week or maybe earlier. I have a full work to complete PLUS pack for 2 adults and 2 babies for 7 days...YIKES!!! I have lists coming out the wazoo.
 
I will have 7 whole days just to soak  up my family. I am so grateful!!!   I have a few guest bloggers for you and an amazing giveaway. I will miss you all terribly but I promise I will make you proud and you can expect a full post about the race when I get back!!!!!
 
Ciao for now!!!! Wish me luck!!!!
 
 
Dress: {MODERN VINTAGE BOUTIQUE}
Bow: {MUCH LOVE ILLY}
Pumps: Steve Madden
Sunnies: Kohl's for Loran Conrad 
Pin It



Photobucket

35 comments:

Amy and the City said...

Good Luck Hanna! You definitely deserve it!
Amy xo
amyandthecity3.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

okay, these ar eliterally the cutest pictures EVER> you look beautiful!!!! good luck friend!

stephanie said...

You're gonna do amazing Hanna!! You look beautiful and your arms look so toned!!! Get it gurrrrrl! ; )

Lindsay said...

You are so beautiful! :) Im so glad you have this outlet. LOVE you girl!

Bailey@Lost&Found said...

And this is exactly why I run too. Some days are so hard, but so worth it. Good for you! And, good luck! You're going to ROCK!

PS- I think I need to raid your closet. For real.

Mindee and Austin said...

Hanna you are the woman!! You go girl! Your'e going to kill your 1/2 marathon this weekend, i'm cheering for you here in UT, and I hope you persevere through all of those 13.1 miles, your amazing!! Running is amazing, I am going to start back up after I finish Insanity training, and run my first 10k in June! Can't wait! Your a great inspiration, don't ever stop!

Melissa Bo said...

Good luck, I know you will do great!

Megan said...

Running really is free therapy! Nothing makes me feel more alive or in control than a long run!

Breathe, Smile, Learn said...

Beautiful! Reading this post just gave me the little boost I needed to hop on my treadmill (which has been collecting dust for a few weeks) so thanks for that =)

Lisa @ MMT said...

So happy to see we share a love for running :) Running is really the most amazing feeling, isn't it? I started running almost 2 years ago now, and I love it. It really has helped me with stress. I haven't been running as much this winter, and I'm kinda feeling in a rut. I look forward to spring so I can run everyday again. Good luck on your 1/2 marathon! Maybe someday I will do one too :)

Amber said...

The dress is amazing on you. Can't wait to see how your run goes. So excited for you. Go kick some pavement bootay!

Evelyn said...

What an amazing posts! You go! I will be cheering you on!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

darling post and adorable photos! loving the yellow bow on you - thanks for the sweet shout-out. :)

Char said...

You are SUCH an inspiration! I used to be a runner, hard core, but it has since left me as life has gotten busy. I'm so looking forward to get back into it and you are such a great motivator. I'm SO excited and proud for you for your first half! You will do great, regardless of the outcome. In my books, finishing is the number 1 priority regardless of time. I've done many 10k's with that mindset and the most important thing was that I enjoyed it :) Be great friend. OH, and enjoy the fam time :) Much love!

simply megan. said...

Oh my word!!! You look fabulous doll!! That dress is amazing and the bow makes it!!

songbyrd on the mountain said...

you are so stinking cute and where do you live that you have sunshine all the time?? even when you have snow? beautiful!! I would love to get back into running but I think at my age I would be a fool to take that on... I guess i have to stick to walking. sigh.

Katie said...

Have an amazing time with your family! You deserve it! I love this post. I love running too. It gives you a great sense of accomplishment and clears your mind. I always feel better after a run :)

Susan said...

It obviously does you good. You look fabulous and more importantly glowing and happy!! xo

{Adventuresindinner} said...

Have the most awesome of holidays. I've got two weeks to go.

Gorg dress!

preethi said...

Congrats and good luck! So exciting. I did my first half in November and loved it. :)

And your chevron dress is adorable!

preethi
lace, etc.

marie said...

Couldn't have said it better. I feel so happy after a run, like I can conquer the world.

Love your bright dress, I love color so much, love, love, love it.

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

This is SO motivating and you look beautiful! I have a 15k at the end of April and I'm just having the hardest time staying motivated to keep running, this helps so much! :)

Sundaro said...

Keep on keeping on Hannah♥

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

I haven't been by your blog in a while (was on hiatus) but let me say - you look stunning!! And I just love your cheerful dress & hairbow :) Good luck on the 1/2 marathon!

Val said...

What a darling dress and I aspire to run one day. Thanks for motivating me.

Kate said...

This outfit is SOOO adorable :) It's great that you have sucha a wonderful outlet in running. I've never really every liked it - even when I got to the point where I could run 7 miles it was such a mental game to make it happen that I did not enjoy. but to each their own. Clearly is has improved you body & soul :)

Cassidy said...

Good luck! You always have awesome goals. LOVE LOVE this dress. I always admire you bold color choices.

http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

MoxieJane said...

i love your posts! so inspiring and girl LOVE that chevron dress! hot hot hot mama!

Tiffany said...

So nice to have something that is an instant mood booster. Way to go on your FAST mile!

Charlotte said...

You look so radiant and beautiful in these pics. You should feel so proud of yourself for all you've accomplished and for what's ahead, just out of sight. You go, girl!

Rachel @ My Happily Ever After said...

Good for you love!! Good luck with the 1/2 and congratulations for everything that you've done up to this point!

PS you are absolutely fabulous at posing for your pics...so creative and adorbs!

Chris said...

Hi Hannah, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Just the Two of US said...

i wish to God I had your motivation! i use to love to run, but it's been awhile since i have. thanks for this post!

Sugarr2518 said...

Wow 1/2 marathon...that is something to be proud of! Good luck:) I exactly how you feel when you run! That's how it used to me for me too:) I just need to get back into shape and start running again...no excuses this time.

Jamie said...

i love this and i totally agree with you. Running is my freedom, and I have gained so much from it. You definitely expressed in words that I couldn't even think of writing down... Thank you! good luck on your race. :) xoxo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...