Valentine's Day Triple Chocolate Truffle Bombs
This recipe will make 12-24 giant truffles depending on the size of your silicone molds.
Special Tools: Silicone heart molds or any other shaped silicone molds
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chops or chopped chocolate
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1.5 cup boiling water
1.5 cup cake flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1.5 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 stick unsalted butter at room temp
4 large eggs
1/42cup butter milk or coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Recipe for cake:
1.preheat over to 325.
2.coat 9X13 pan with cooking spray( we are using a large pan because we want the cake to come out 3/4 inch thick.)
3. put chocolate and cocoa in a medium bowl and add boiling water, whisk until smooth
4.In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt, wick
5. beat butter and sugar until fluffy, add eggs and beat, add vanilla and beat
6. now add the chocolate and flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat well.
Bake for about 30 min at 325 or until knife comes out clean.
Ingredients for Mousse:
1 cup semi sweet semi sweet chocolate
7 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large eggs, separated
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Recipe for Chocolate Mousse:
1.melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between, set aside once smooth
2. whip egg whites for 3 minuets, add sugar and whip 3 more minuets or until stiff peaks.
3. in another bowl whip heavy cream, set aside
4. in yet another bowl whisk vanilla and egg yolks
5. now fold everything together gently and carefully with a runner spatula.
Ingredients For Ganache:
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of cream
3 tablespoons butter
pinch of salt
Recipe for Ganache:
In a small saucepan heat cream until piping hot but not a boil, add the chocolate and butter and whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool for about 20-30 minuets. You may speed this up by putting in the refrigerator.
Other Ingredients and tools:
Silicone domes or muffin pan
1 bag of red chocolate disks (you may buy at any craft store)
6 tablespoons of canola oil seperated
1 cup of light pink or white chocolate disks for decoration
1. scoop about 3 tablespoons of mousse into each silicone mold
2. when ganache is warm not hot you may fill each mold with 2 tablespoons of ganache.
3.Now with a heart shaped cookie cutter c cut the cake to the size of the silicone mold and place a cake circle over the ganache filling.
4.Once you have done this to all truffles, place them in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Now peel the mousse truffles out of the silicone molds folding the silicone back to release and place on a wire cooling wrack.
6. Melt the red chocolate and 4 tablespoons of canola oil until smooth and pour over top of each truffle. This mixture should be quite thin. If it is too thick it will clump and look terrible. Trust me. More oil is always better!!!!
7. finally melt the pink or white chocolate and place in a plastic bag, cut the tip off and pipe to decorate!!!
Happy Valentine's Day Lovelies! I hope you have someone sweet to share it with!