I have a Dream

I have a dream.

A life long dream of running a marathon and I'm half way there.

I started running 4 months ago. This past weekend I ran my first 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours. My pace 9.02-9.45 minuets per mile for 13.1 miles: By far my Personal Best.


Me Crossing the finish line.
Crossing that finish line........

Well there pretty much isn't anything else in the world like it. It's unbelievably empowering and gratifying.

One of the things I love so much about running is there are NO short cuts.
If you don't train......You don't finish.


This is a sport that takes real dedication and commitment and that is something that I feel very proud to be a part of.

Luckily because I live at 7000 feet and this race was at sea level, I had no trouble whatsoever. 

It was a beautiful, easy race for me.

I hardly broke a sweat and sprinted the last mile. 

At mile 12 the course split for half marathoners to one side and full marathons to the other and honestly I was DYING to just do the whole thing but my family was waiting for me and I didn't want to injure  myself.

It was a ridiculous amount of fun.

I can't wait to do it over and over and over again. I may become a racing junkie. Seriously it was THAT fun......for crazy ole me anyway!!!

So next up.........

On may 5th I am going to be running the full 26.2 miles in Shiprock New Mexico. It will be my first full  marathon and I am extremely excited. I've only got 6 weeks to train so it's on full blast now. 15 miles training run in 2 days.......cross training on Tuesday along with my usual 30 miles a week. As for my diet...I'd really like to lop off 1o more pounds so I think I'll try to stick to a lot of baked chicken, broccoli, and brown rice.

The idea of pushing myself mentally and physically to a breaking point is very intriguing to me...........I think most people just call that crazy.


Proud Mama Showing off her medal!!


It felt great when I lost 110 pounds but this feels even better........I am really proud of myself! 

Just in case you were wondering when I first started training I put about 4 pounds of muscle weight  but have since lost another 3 pounds and another 5, YES 5 inches off my mid section.  

I am very eager to have a "runner's" body which I am quiet far from unfortunately but I know I will get there eventually if I keep running. I can't lie....I want to be ripped!!!! When you work this hard at something you deserve to be ripped.

Because I lost 113 pounds, I have A LOT of extra skin and flab that is really hard to get rid of. But I couldn't be happier with the results I have seen from running; just another reason I love this sport!!!! Plus I get to eat a fried oyster po boy and a cupcake whenever I feel like it! 

I burned 1500 calories on race day!!!!! AWESOME!!!! 

(just in case any of you are new here you can read my weight loss story here)

Setting a great example for those kiddoes!!!!! 


A lot of marathon runners I talk to say they only run the race to get the shirt (that's a joke). 

But seriously it's like a badge of honor. You'll have it forever. It's a great keep sake. The one I got from this race I thought was particularly nice.  It's a Brooks cool max T's. 

I also was awarded a medal. AWESOME!!!!! 

Now I've got to get a wrack to start displaying my bibs and metals if I'm going to become a racing junkie!!!!


At the Marathon expo they had runners skirts which I have wanted FOREVER!!!!! 

I mean how much cuter can this get?

So that was my treat for the vacation and I love it. I would say perfect for 10 mile or under runs. Any longer and you may need more stability but over all  very comfy and easy to run in and SO ridiculously cute!


RUNNER FOR LIFE!


If you have a dream.......GO FOR IT......You will make it happen if you want it bad enough!!!!! 

I want to take a minuet to just thank you all so much for your incredible support throughout my weight loss process and now my running journey. It feels so good to have people rooting for you. 

I promise I'll run that 26.2 miles and make you proud!!!! 

 




Photobucket





bits of splendor monday




Pin It

49 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

wow you go girl!!! i get winded after like 2 miles of running.. HAHA!

Sandy a la Mode said...

wow you go girl!!! i get winded after like 2 miles of running.. HAHA!

Kymmie said...

Look at your face. You show pure happiness and determination. And after seeing your before photo, I'm amazed at how disciplined you have been. Hats off to you, for fulfilling your dream (and still baking all those wonderful treats).

You rock, girl. xx

Tina said...

Congrats! I know this took so much hard work and determination. The look on your face just says it all! Good luck at your next race, and have fun rocking that skirt!

Mindee and Austin said...

Hanna-
YOU ARE THE WOMAN!!!
i LOVE your pics, im so proud of you!

Christy said...

Great job, great time, great attitude, and just overall awesome!! You already have a runner's body, I can see your quads!!

Good luck with training! What plan are you following?

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness, Hanna, I am so proud of you! This is a huge accomplishment for anybody, but to see how far you have come... So inspired right now! What a great example you are setting not just for your children, but for all of us.

Cat J B said...

Wow, that's so cool! I love that your kids are there watching their mama run, too.

Dh and I took the boys today to a rock climbing gym and they did so well, I can see them doing more climbing when they're older if we get them into it now.

Yay for healthy lifestyles!!

PS, You look fabulous and that skirt is very groovy. Perfect :)

Karly said...

Congratulations Hanna! You look so happy and you glow! I cannot wait to hear about you crossing the finish line at the full marathon. I know you will rock it, because you rock! Love ya!

Myers said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am extremely proud of you and you look amazing. Keep up the good work.

Amy and the City said...

That is so great Hanna! So glad you done well and found it so easy!
Good for you!!
Amy xo

SueAnn said...

Congrats hun!! Super!! You look fantastic!! So you will be in Shiprock?
I live in NM!! Maybe we could hook up somehow?
It's about 3 hrs I think from me...I live outside Albq.
Hugs
SueAnn

Katie said...

Way to go Hanna! You're awesome!!! Seriously, you only started running four months ago?! I've been running for years and still haven't had the courage to run a race. Your time was really good!

I can't wait to hear all about your marathon experience :)

Kendra said...

CONGRATS!! You are an inspiration.

(Isn't a marathon 26.2??? And a 1/2 is 13.1???)

Mami said...

THAT'S IT, I am runing my first half marathon. After I give birth I will train and I will do it. Hanna you are an inspiration,you are amazing. I have been reading your blog for almost one year, I love you, yor family and your strength.
THANK YOU!!!!

Susan said...

It is RIDICULOUS how amazing you look!
I may just have to take up running.

Congrats friend! SO proud of you!! xo

Kristin said...

You are amazing. An inspiration, a role model, and a hero. Love you bunches and bunches. Can't wait to hear about the marathon!

XOXO
Kristin

Melissa Bo said...

Congratulations!
Great post and loved the pictures!

Jamie said...

Omg I just got chills. runners high.... My addiction comes with a medal. Love!!!congrats! I'm running a half on may 5, & one next weekend. Xo!

Lindsay said...

You are an inspiration to many! I am so proud of you my friend.

Karm said...

That is so amazing!!
So proud of you (:
And I live fairly close to Shiprock (: It's near my reservation, so maybe I can meet you and be a part of your cheering section (:

Melissa Jo said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you, that is such a great goal to have conquered! You look radiant!

Brittney - The Luycx's said...

Great job lady, you should be SO proud. You're an inspiration!!! :)

Brittney - The Luycx's said...

...and I'd say you look pretty darn amazing!! You'll be ripped in no time! ;)

Kristina said...

Such a HUGE inspiration!! Way to go! CONGRATS!!!

stephanie said...

i LOVE that photo of you crossing the finish line! it's amazing. i wish you could come live with me and teach me how to run like you! i can't believe you've only been running for 4 months! you're amazing hanna.

Amy said...

YOU ARE SO AMAZING!! Congrats :)

Just Made That Way said...

Wow!!! You look gorgeous Hanna.
You truly are an inspiration...
You go girl!

Jen@ADropintheBucket said...

Yay!!! Way to go! You are a MAJOR inspiration!

Melissa at Tall Blonde said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! Congratulations!

Very inspiring!

Laura@Splendor said...

you are so, SO inspiring!!!! So happy and proud for you. I'm sure the feeling crossing that line was unreal. I'd love to know that feeling one day!

Heather said...

Hi! I'm fairly new to your blog--so far I love it! I spent a good hour or so looking through your old posts, you're so inspiring.

I really, REALLY want to start running but every time I try, it seems like I get no where. I can barely run for more than 2 minutes without being COMPLETELY winded. I know it takes a while to see improvement but I get discouraged so easily and give up after only a few runs (that are actually mostly walks). I've tried following different training schedules but they seem to advance to quickly for me. Am I the only one with this problem?! I'm totally embarrassed to even admit this so I really hope I'm not alone here.

Do you post anywhere about your training and how you got up to running a half marathon in just 4 months? Any tips for newbies like me?

Congrats on completing your run. You've inspired me to try again! Love your blog!!

songbyrd on the mountain said...

Whoo Hoo! Way to go Hannah. Rock on!!

Barry and Rena said...

it was so great reading this! you are such an inspiration to me and it;s just incredible what you can do when you set your mind to it. good luck with your training!!! you look great!!

The Balch Bunch said...

WAY TO GO GIRL! WHAT A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!

You can totally do the marathon!

Megilon said...

Congratulations that is awesome!! What an accomplishment!!

Megilon said...

Congratulations that is awesome!! What an accomplishment!!

LoriLynn said...

This is so incredible and inspiring! I used to run long distance in track, cross county, and was on the nordic ski team in high school until my knees couldn't take it anymore. I miss is more than just about anything but it's so wonderful to read about others discovering the awesomeness that is a good long run. Thanks for sharing! Xo Lori
http://lorilynn-alittlesliceofspecial.blogspot.com/

Rachel @ My Happily Ever After said...

Congratulations!!! It sounds like you not only accomplished your goal, but you kicked it's patootie and are ready to go racing (no pun intended) forward to the next half! Inspirationally awesome as always.

Amber said...

I knew you would kick major behind! Congrats girl! Keep it up! That medal is a great reminder of your accomplishment. It's time for the big one now. :)

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

Congratulations! You did absolutely amazing. What an inspiration you are. I loved the half I did in November too and met my goal of under 2 hours. Hey, that's fast I say :) High five Girl! Sadly, my body is still hurting from it so I haven't been running as much. I really miss it :(

Sorry for not commenting lately... work has been kicking my butt. I'll be back in a month or so though! Can't wait to see you cross that full marathon finish line. xo

Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

You look AMAZING!!!!!

REBrown said...

I'm so proud of you - such an inspiration!

{Adventuresindinner} said...

Awesome, just completely awesome.

mienkintoshfairie said...

Wow! I have missed out on what you have been up to. Congrats, and you are too cool! You look so tiny in that cute skirt: you deserved that skirt ^_^ Congrats on reaching your goal, and making your babies and hubby proud.

Char said...

Ditto to the others, So proud of you! You are truly an inspiration. I used to be a hardcore runner myself, but have slacked off for a few years. Looking to get back to it though. I started training as well and then got pregnant so had to put it off. Can't wait to hear all about your FULL MARATHON!! Woohoo!!

Wegan said...

WOW GO YOU!!! Amazing!!!! :) I want to be the same with running. Used to be a runner for my county when I was younger and want to get back into being fit.. and have a runners body too!

M x

The Arizona Russums said...

you did it!!! i was so happy to read this post! i can't wait to hear about 26.2 in just a few short months!

kaylee@life chasers said...

wow, truly amazing! way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...